Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #1 
callmeconfused

Talking 2.5 Gallon tank pic thread

I was hoping to ask all of you lovely people to post pics of your 2.5 gallon betta tanks. I will post mine as soon as I'm not at work...I know, bad me

I am always trying to figure out new and interesting ways to redecorate mine (my betta gets bored) and was hoping for some inspiration...and I just like looking at 2.5 gallon betta tanks :D
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #2 
Myates

I don't have any 2.5 gallons.. but you could always check the sticky on top of this section where it says for members to post their pictures for ideals on decorating :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #3 
callmeconfused

I've looked through thay one already :) I was just hoping to see more of the 2.5 gallons.

Here are some of my older ones:
Please pardon the foggy glass, it would seem I only ever take pics on or before cleaning day

callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #4 
eaglescout434

Your tank looks so natural I love it!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #5 
kathstew

Here is my 2.5 gallon tank:

All fake plants currently, but hoping to get some floating plants soon, and maybe a moss ball :D
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #6 
eaglescout434

This is my 2.5 gallon tank It holds my yet to be named crowntail and 2 cory catfish.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #7 
kathstew

You really need to upgrade your tank if its 2.5 gallons and has 2 corys in it. You should have at least a 10 gallon tank before putting any tank mates in with your betta. And corys need to be in schools of I believe at least 4, but it might be 6.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #8 
eaglescout434

I have had two corys in it for over two years with a different betta. I have a filter for the tank and the water stays very clean i do 50% water changes every week as well. I dont have the space for a bigger tank right now
Old 12-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #9 
Myates

Cute tanks..

I have to second that cory deal.. I'm sorry, but they may be alive.. but they aren't in the proper tank with the proper environment.

Corys are best in groups of 4/5+, as well as larger tanks (10+ gallons)... the problem with the 2.5 is the lack of actual space (that is a tall tank, the footprint is very tiny for them), and the bio load is too much for a tank that size, especially without a proper filter- the bubble filter, to me, is not a true filter.. it just blows up bubbles. But good at hiding the waste.. sort of.

Again, fish can live in unfavorable conditions, but normally it catches up to them in either illnesses, or shorter life spans, etc.

They sell the tanks with pictures of all sorts of fish on the packaging, but in reality they aren't good for the pictured fish.

Bettas do better in shorter tanks that are longer.. cory need larger areas to swim around on the bottom, with a school of them, and plenty of plants and such on the floor to hide in and dig within.

You are doing a good job, since the cory have been alive for over 2 years.. but it's still not ideal in any way to have all 3 in such a tiny tank.

Nothing we say will have you get rid of them- but it's to educate you that it's not ideal to keep multiple fish in anything under 5 gallons.

Keep doing what you're doing as it seems to be working for the cory- just keep in mind next time you get a tank, or if something was to happen to the cory you have (hope not!) and you considered replacing them. :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #10 
eaglescout434

Thanks for the suggestions! As of right now I am trying to figure out where I can squeese a 10 gallon in to my room? but no the filter that i am talking about is a 1-3 gallon filter that is in the back i dont think that you can see it in the picture. The little bubble filter dosnt do anything but give oxygen to the aquarium i agree with you on that :) has anyone ever tried the little $30 walmart 10 gallon tank??? 10 gallons is proably going to be the biggest tank that i can get...sorry.

Tags
2.5 gallon, tank