Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #1 
xbecky685x

Baby Biorb Trouble

Hello! :)
Im having trouble with my biorb im just not sure i can get the thing clean!
At the moment i do 50% water every otherday (last week i was doing 50% everyday due to his fins rotting?)
But his fins have not improved in fact got a little bit worse and the water just doesnt seem clean!
I try my hardest to dig deep under the funny little stones cause i know thats where all the waste is hidding but it still doesnt seem to do any good.. Maybe im just being paranoid?
Am i doing everything right?
Do you think i should do a 100% even though its filtered?
Sorry if im being silly lol just want reasurance i guess and to know if im doing things right or wrong..

Thanks in advance :)

xx
xbecky685x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #2 
Myates

What size tank do you have? That will make a difference on how often/much it should be cleaned.. are you using water conditioner?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

The Babybiord is 4 gallons, I believe.
What is the temperature in your tank, Becky? Warmth helps a lot. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

Just throwing this out there but if the fin rot is not improving and is getting worse, are you sure he is not tail bitting? Is he a long finned male, like a HM or VT?? Those guys can sometimes bite their fins off >.<

Is it fully cycled? and a gravel siphon works wonders if you don;t already have one.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
xbecky685x

Yes its four gallons..
The water is 80..
Hes a veil tail.. his fins just look as its they are ripping.. but its ever so slight and the edges look jagged.. i think in his bottom fin he bit it cause its like a C shape.. i also keep getting them tiny worms (although they have decreased since feeding pellets)
I think im just being silly tbh.. I just worry about him.. I do love him so much :)
Il keep a very close eye on his tail for a while longer.. if it gets worse iv brought a one gallon tank for a hospital tank (just in case)
Thanks for the help so far :)
xx
xbecky685x is offline   Reply With Quote