Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 AM   #1 
MarcusTheGreat

Were Can I Buy A Moonlight LED

hears a video fast forward to the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s97NUPlEswg

were can i buy this light ?
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #2 
NoahG

That light was a do-it-yourself LED set-up; here's the thread where he explains how he did it all: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?...t-led-project/

There's a number of DIY guides on how to make these and your best bet for finding one that works for you is doing an internet search for "DIY moonlight LED" or something to that extent.

You can also buy moonlight LED strip lights, but a quick search tells me you'll generally find those for probably no less than about $40US -- you might have to do an internet search to see if you can find what you want, or check out area stores and see if they either carry them or can order them for you. A cheaper option (if you don't want to go the DIY route) might be looking into the Exo Terra Night-Glo bulbs, which simulate moonlight; with this option, however, you might have to do a trial-run and keep an eye on how it affects the water temperatures.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #3 
MarcusTheGreat

oh lol didn't think it was that complicated
Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #4 
NoahG

Haha, having done a basic electronics course in the past, probably the most complicated part is actually the soldering. Though, I suppose it could be pretty intimidating to someone brand new to it all.

If you have a tank that this would work for, maybe putting one of the Exo Terra Night-Glo bulbs in a desk lamp could do the trick for you? Unless that would ruin the the look you wanted for the tank.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #5 
MarcusTheGreat

will see im gonna go to a pet store and see what they got best option for me lol

or maybe like a home depot or something lol
Old 12-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #6 
peaches3221

the tank my plakat boy is in has a built in moonlight LED, and normal white lights, AND half moonlight-half white light too! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...allon/17248151

you probably don't want a whole new tank but It's pretty cheap!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #7 
NoahG

That works. If you can't find a strip light I imagine you'll be able to find the Exo Terra bulbs someplace locally -- they should be in the reptile section, but I imagine they can work for an aquarium if done right.

I'm not sure if you'll find a strip light at a hardware/home improvement store or not, but it could be worth a look.

Just be sure to know what you're buying, or that you can return it, because not all of the blue light LED strip lights will be moonlight strip lights -- some are going to be too bright for what you're looking for (think reef tank-type lighting -- i.e. bright).
Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #8 
Moclam

http://www.aquariumguys.com/fixtures.html

They have lights with both white and moonlight settings. Also smaller ones, if you need 'em.
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote