Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #11 
Sakura8

Is the Aqueon a preset heater? I'd recommend an adjustable one. I use Penn Plax Cascade, others have used Hagen Elite. Marineland and Marina are also good. Stay away from Tetra, Top Fin, and Petco brand heaters.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #12 
Arashi Takamine

Adjustble agreement here too. I'm picking up an adjustable one too I just gotta pick. So far your off to a near perfect start. I'd add a hide out if you keep the room your betta will be in on all the time or turn off the light when your going to bed since betta's need time to rest too. They will pull all nighters if their in light all the time.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #13 
gossipgirl1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Adjustble agreement here too. I'm picking up an adjustable one too I just gotta pick. So far your off to a near perfect start. I'd add a hide out if you keep the room your betta will be in on all the time or turn off the light when your going to bed since betta's need time to rest too. They will pull all nighters if their in light all the time.
I've had to explain that concept to my oldest nephew (he's 7). When he spends the night, he wants to leave his betta's light on and I have to explain to him that Bentley needs his sleep too and needs his lights turned off to sleep just like he does.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #14 
guardianfyre

Stay away from Marineland heaters for the moment. They just had a major recall on all of their Stealth and StealthPro heaters. Click here for specifics. I'd recommend that anyone who has a Marineland heater see if theirs is one of the models on the recall.
guardianfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #15 
Sakura8

One would hope that by now, all defective models have been taken off the shelves. But then again, considering it's stores like Petco and Petsmart . . .
Old 12-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #16 
guardianfyre

My store no longer has any Marineland heaters on the shelves. We haven't since the recall went out. The only Marineland heater still available on our website is the 10 watt because it doesn't have an adjustable thermostat so it isn't part of the recall.
guardianfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #17 
Algol

Mkay thanks guys. Well i just got some Christmas money that I'm going to have to now buy a heater. (to keep him warm and cozy :D) but do the petco and petsmart usually sell other brands of heaters or do you have to buy one online to get a good brand. By good i mean that will last awhile and not kill my lil Betta =(
Algol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #18 
thekoimaiden

I have seen both Aqueon Pro and Fluval heaters at my Petsmart. Not sure about Petco as I don't go there often.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Petco sells Tetra and I think Aqueon. And some non-adjustable flat Hydor heaters. If you have any tropical fish stores around you, you can get good heaters there but otherwise, for brands like Hagen Elite, Cascade, Eheim Jager, you gotta go online.

Fluvals are hard to fit into small tanks because they're so long. Not to mention expensive.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #20 
Crayola

It's a shame that I'm not in Ann Arbor. I'm in Battle Creek and the stores are quite limited unless you go to Kalamazoo. Anyway, this was the thread that I was looking for all this time. I was about to make myself one, but then I saw this one. Thank you for making this thread.
Crayola is offline   Reply With Quote