Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #1 
thejapanesezombie

Shocking

I went to the pet store today and talked to the cashier. I basically tried to convince her that those fish in the 5" x 5" habitats that they're lethargic from not having any heat and they should be moved! She was so shocked when I told her they were tropical fish. o.o I thought this was common knowledge!
thejapanesezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #2 
4mb3rNich0l3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejapanesezombie View Post
I went to the pet store today and talked to the cashier. I basically tried to convince her that those fish in the 5" x 5" habitats that they're lethargic from not having any heat and they should be moved! She was so shocked when I told her they were tropical fish. o.o I thought this was common knowledge!
Some people lack the "common" knowledge I think :/
4mb3rNich0l3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #3 
4mb3rNich0l3

And I love your picture by the way. I can do some graphic design but not a whole lot(youd think Id know more with taking 2 classes for it lol.. Ive forgotten allot over the past few years though)
Old 12-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #4 
thejapanesezombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mb3rNich0l3 View Post
Some people lack the "common" knowledge I think :/
I find they lack the basics. DX which is important. The one girl tried to sell me a cube habitat. And when I told her my betta lives in a 5.5 gallon tank with a heater and plants, not to mention that I have betta toys to keep them from getting bored she said "oh, they dont need that. You can keep them in one of these (prision cubes with no room to swim) and they dont need a heater or anything. Change their water like ... once every two weeks"

I feel like pet store employees lack any real knowledge of proper fish care for ANY fish let alone betta. :(
Old 12-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #5 
thejapanesezombie

Quote:
And I love your picture by the way. I can do some graphic design but not a whole lot(youd think Id know more with taking 2 classes for it lol.. Ive forgotten allot over the past few years though)
Oh :D thanks. I'm a graphic designer/ illustrator. I actually graduated from the best college in Ontario for design [Conestoga] (holy moly four years of hell! 2000 people apply every year and they only accept 25 people into the program a year. I got lucky hehe)

I'm sure you're great at it :)
Old 12-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #6 
4mb3rNich0l3

Oh wow!! you got lucky! :) Ive thought about going to school for it.. Its between that, vet assistant, and doing hair lol..
Old 12-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #7 
thejapanesezombie

Quote:
Oh wow!! you got lucky! :) Ive thought about going to school for it.. Its between that, vet assistant, and doing hair lol..
You should go into it :D if it makes you happy and you like challenges and hard work it's the perfect job for you! Vet assistant is also good! I can only imagine the amount of animal lives you could help! And hair? Omg everyone needs their hair done some time, it's good business hehe