Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #1 
Belated

Is there anything that you can actually do for tailbiting?

Or do I just have to deal with looking at his ragged tail forever? >< He gets plenty of stimulation, as he sits on my desk while I'm on the computer for a lot of the day.

Sodapop is my cheeky little so and so who just bit a chunk out of his previously-untouched anal fin. -twitch- He bit before, caught rot from it, and was just starting to heal up nicely. ;0; You can actually see the little chunk of space in his anal fin in the "after" photo below.

Before all his tail issues. >< Frustrating little fishy! (Apologies for the bad photo, it's the best one I have of his former tail size. ;0; )

And now!

(And no, his colour hasn't changed that dramtically, that's just my silly camera! He's still as vivid as the first pic. c: And I know this isn't really a big deal, it's just annoying. xD)

Bah.
Belated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

Really all depends on why the fish is tailbiting. If the fish is stressed, try more hiding places, if the fish is bored, make sure he has stimulation. If the fish just has big heavy fins, not much you can do. Make sure the filter isn't pushing him around!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote