Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #11 
NewFishyOwner

Well thanks Bubbles. She seems fine and you think she is full grown huh could be full grown. I think she will be fine. I'm doing everything I can for her to be as happy as possible. She even has a light over her like for fish tanks. She has her air hole and I bought the water conditioner, the Aqua Salt everything in my power to make sure she is doing alright.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #12 
Betta Slave

Very cute little girl you have!

I'm not trying to be overbearing, and I apologize if I come off that way, but 2 times a week for cleaning that tank seems to be too little. It should be cleaned at least every other day; generally, I've been told that one gallons should be cleaned every day because of how much ammonia the fish produces, but as I said every other day would suffice as well. :)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #13 
Luimeril

i just got that same tank for Christmas today, from my sister! it's a pretty good tank, imo. i have two bettas i keep in one gallons, and they're thriving, not just surviving!

in a one gallon, you do need to do more water changes, but twice a week is pretty good.

there are plenty of 2 and 3 gallon tanks that will fit in smaller spaces, including these two:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-Aq...-Pets/14660257
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-Aq...-Pets/13448744

i have the 3 gallon, in white. it's a bit awkward to lug around, but if you don't use the undergravel filter, and instead add gravel and siphon, you should do okay. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #14 
NewFishyOwner

Well thank you both. But there is another tiny problem I don't have that kind of cash right now for a new tank that is more than $20 plus my mom gave me too many gifts already many of witch where expensive so. I think I will do fine. I had a Betta fish ounce that lived for a year in a much smaller place and my mom changed his water ounce a week. So I think she will be fine. Thanks for the advice though!
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote