Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #1 
bettalover2033

Christmas Gifts!

Hey everyone! You know how today is Christmas?

I want to know what did you get this year that is related to bettas/fish in general? BRAG about them here!

I got a $50 gift card to petsmart! Yay! I cant wait to get some new fish and supplies.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #2 
Luimeril

my sister got me a new tank, some rocks, and plants! it's just a gallon, but it's perfect for someone new! it's this tank, actually:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/17248149
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #3 
scoutandwolf

My boss gave me a betta in a bowl day before xmass needless to say being a animal lover I popped on line right away found this site and began reading. We live in a rv so nothing can be big also own 2 dogs that are adpoted and are 50 pounds. But i thought how would i like liveing in a small bowl in cold water and i didnt like it lol .So off to the pet store hubby and i go over 70 dollars later My cute little blue gifted betta now has a wonderfull 2.5 g home with heat and flilter His name is george yes its a weird name but it fits in with us never thought i could own a fish in a rv let alone 2 dogs but we all fit and spend way more time outdoors and geoge the betta brings a new brightness to the indoors when we cant go out Thankyou for all the usefull info on bettas with out you i would have fell for the yup its ok to raise a betta in a bowl when the real answer is no its not ,will try to get a pic soon of george the now happy betta
scoutandwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #4 
thejapanesezombie

I got a brand new 5.5 gallon tank this year :) And I bought my fish a new heater as a present!!!!!
thejapanesezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #5 
xXGalaxyXx

I got a 5 gallon tank that I divided and put Galaxy and Kryptonite in. They're out of their little 1.5 gallon tanks now!~ Also got a $25 dollar petco giftcard.
I actually bought my friend a fish tank, too. :3 He loves animals, doesn't have a lot of money, and can't have any animals bigger than a foot long in his house due to restrictions his landlord put down on the house. So for Christmas I bought him a 2.5 gallon tank with gravel, a few silk plants, betta food and water conditioner, and I sent him $20 for the fish itself and anything else he wants for the tank. I figured a betta would be an entertaining enough animal for him, especially since they're pretty low maintenance, his younger brothers and sisters won't complain that I didn't get them anything because a fish is kind of a share-able present, and a betta wont push the landlords restrictions at all. It hasn't arrived at his house yet, but I hope he likes it, haha.
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #6 
DragonFish

I brought home two new lovely betta boys this year for Christmas, along with one of these for one of them because I miss my other one that I had given away along with one of my boys when we moved.

Besides that nothing really fishy related this year....just some shoes and pajamas and cloths and candy and other fun little things xD You know. Can't complain though <3
I'm hoping to perhaps talk with dad this next week though about a new 5 gallon setup to divide for Alois and Ciel....I'm hoping it will be a late Christmas present to myself XDD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #7 
CreativePotato

I got about $100 dollars in cash and PetSmart gift cards. Almost all of it has been spent on a 2.5 tank and other necessities and a fish for my cousin (Algol on here). I have maybe ten dollars left and just got $25 from one set of grandparents and intend to finally get Prince Kaida a heater and betta log + leaf hammock.
The prince got a new thermometer from me as an early present on Friday, but I have to wait until tomorrow to get the rest of his gifts, lol.
If only we were fish...getting a tropical paradise would be so easy. XD
CreativePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Wow it sounds like everyone had an amazing Christmas!

@scoutandwolf: Wow That's incredible! How do you possibly keep the tank from moving all over?
Old 12-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #9 
scoutandwolf

right now we live in a rv park and not going to move for a while when the time comes during the move tank will be placed in the sink wedged in and top covered with saran wrap till we park lol he will be a traveling betta , I do hope im not the only one that also talks to there fish too. Thankyou and I hope everyone had a wonderfull xmass day
scoutandwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Well that's just really cool to me! I hope you don't mind me asking, but Do you travel alone? Where did you get the idea to travel around?