Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #11 
scoutandwolf

I dont mind at all .We are we hope about 5 yrs from retirement if and i say if all goes well.And we both have dreamed of traveling not fast just slowly say in one place a few months or more and move on the truth rent in some rv parks is cheaper then rent so why not at least untill we are 2 old not to anymore then we hope to become a pain in our childrens bottoms no but i do tell them that lol We do love it thought I miss space at times but for the most part i dont i have many bird feeders and every morning I look out to them covered in birds and all is good and peacefull also hubbys very easy to get along with and thats a must lol ..
scoutandwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #12 
revolutionrocknroll

I didn't get the 10 gallon tank I was hoping for BUT I think I'm going to get Petco or Petsmart gift cards tomorrow from my relatives I'm going to see, so I'll be able to get my stuff!
I got my sister a 3 gallon tank with a heater, rocks, and plants. She's trying to decide if she wants to move her fish from a 1 gallon to the 3 gallon or her plants from a 10 gallon to the 3 and then her fish to the 10 gallon. Either way, there's an extra 1 gallon tank in it for me so I can get one of my fish while I wait for the 10 gallon I'm getting to cycle. There was this cute crowntail girl at Petco- white with red/pink fins and black eyes. I hope she's still there when I go on Tuesday or Wednesday!
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #13 
GienahClarette

I got all of my bettas some Indian Almond Leaves as a gift, and new plants. But, the IAL won't be there until I get back from the holiday tour. :(
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by GienahClarette View Post
I got all of my bettas some Indian Almond Leaves as a gift, and new plants. But, the IAL won't be there until I get back from the holiday tour. :(
I Hope to get some IAL soon as well! I really want to try breeding with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionrocknroll View Post
I didn't get the 10 gallon tank I was hoping for BUT I think I'm going to get Petco or Petsmart gift cards tomorrow from my relatives I'm going to see, so I'll be able to get my stuff!
I got my sister a 3 gallon tank with a heater, rocks, and plants. She's trying to decide if she wants to move her fish from a 1 gallon to the 3 gallon or her plants from a 10 gallon to the 3 and then her fish to the 10 gallon. Either way, there's an extra 1 gallon tank in it for me so I can get one of my fish while I wait for the 10 gallon I'm getting to cycle. There was this cute crowntail girl at Petco- white with red/pink fins and black eyes. I hope she's still there when I go on Tuesday or Wednesday!
That's really nice! There are a lot of people who are buying relatives and friends tanks to try and get them into the hobby as well! I think that's a great idea!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #15 
Pitluvs

I got nothing fish related, but I did get 2 sets of towels and hand towels, a salon grade straightener and blow dryer, iPod nano, a 15 picture frame and a mortar. I guess I'll be using the mortar for crushing fish food lol Does that count?

My early Christmas presents were Jack and Kris :) But this Christmas it's all about the kids, Momma gets toys when income tax comes in!

Last edited by Pitluvs; 12-25-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutandwolf View Post
I dont mind at all .We are we hope about 5 yrs from retirement if and i say if all goes well.And we both have dreamed of traveling not fast just slowly say in one place a few months or more and move on the truth rent in some rv parks is cheaper then rent so why not at least untill we are 2 old not to anymore then we hope to become a pain in our childrens bottoms no but i do tell them that lol We do love it thought I miss space at times but for the most part i dont i have many bird feeders and every morning I look out to them covered in birds and all is good and peacefull also hubbys very easy to get along with and thats a must lol ..
That is really nice! Are you're kids being home schooled? How do you get internet connection?

So how do you like your new betta so far? Any pictures?

Last edited by bettalover2033; 12-25-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #17 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I got nothing fish related, but I did get 2 sets of towels and hand towels, a salon grade straightener and blowdryer, and a mortar. I guess I'll be using the mortar for crushing fish food lol Does that count?

My early Christmas presents were Jack and Kris :) But this Christmas it's all about the kids, Momma gets toys when income tax comes in!
Not to double post, but I just had to reply to this lol.

Well I think the mortar counts because it is going to be used for fish related things lol. Just curious, but why did you need/get a mortar?

If your able, can you post pictures of Jack and Kris?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #18 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Not to double post, but I just had to reply to this lol.

Well I think the mortar counts because it is going to be used for fish related things lol. Just curious, but why did you need/get a mortar?

If your able, can you post pictures of Jack and Kris?
I got it because a year ago I was treating 4 rats for upper resperatory infection and I had to crush their pills by hand and make a medical solution to feed them their medicines. My Mom said if she ever found one, she would buy it for me. She found one this year, for a few dollars and picked it up. It's basically pet related :) But, I was going to use it to crush Betta food, especially for when I finally raise a spawn :)

I only have a photo of Jack... Kris is still sick with SBD :( Both will be looking for homes when they are all better :) Kris is just a plain steel blue VT.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #19 
bettalover2033

Well I know, I'm going to need one!

Mortars come in handy when breeding!

Jack looks very pretty! Is it the light or does he have a pink tint to him?
Old 12-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #20 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Well I know, I'm going to need one!

Mortars come in handy when breeding!

Jack looks very pretty! Is it the light or does he have a pink tint to him?
He's a washed out pineapple, he's "blonde" lol No pink tint, actually it looks like someone forgot to give him color lol

Called my Mom, it was actually a $40 Mortar set, and it's the smallest they had O_o But it's ceramic which cleans better than wood.