Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #21 
MaisyDawgThirteen

It's like being locked in a closet cut in half sharing it with your worst enemy. And having all of your waste on the floor. And someone cleans it once a month. :P
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #22 
gossipgirl1031

I only use tanks that small either for babies for a BRIEF amount of time before they get moved over. Or the 1/2 gallon ones as a QT tank (esp if they have SBD & have problems surfacing). But it's even hard to dose meds or even dechlorinator right if it's not mixed up in something bigger. My rescue w/SEVERE fin rot and some spinal problems is going to try and be moved into a bigger tank with "levels" so she can rest in between and hopefully the filtration won't be too hard on her. If not she'll be in a one gallon. With 16, I'm used to water changes everyday on them-I even have to keep a log of who got what when. All of my little tanks are heated (unconventionally, but heated). But 2 full grown bettas in a teeny divided tank is cruel. My adult males are too big to even really turn around, let alone swim.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote