Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #1 
NewFishyOwner

Question What other types of food can I get?

I was wondering what other types of foods can I get for my baby girl Lily? I give her the flakes (See Tanks and Accesories for all the specifics) because she is soo tiny and fragile, I read Frozen Bloodworms are good but what else could I get her for her small size and what is best, for my new fishy friend. I want to keep her on a good viried diet.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #2 
MrWynO14

I see that you wrote this on Christmas and didn't get a reply so I figured I'd shoot.

There are a lot of different foods bettas like. I currently alter between tropical flakes, hikari pellets and freeze dried blood worms, with the blood worms being a snack 2 times a week. Hikari makes a set of different freeze dried foods that are vitamin enriched that you could probably alternate as a two time weekly snack. These are pricey but they last a long time and are always fresh and somewhat moist compared to other brands. They offer Daphnia, Krill, Blood Worms, Ocean Plankton, Tubifex Worms, and Brine Shrimp. I've tried the Blood Worms, Tubifex Worms and the Brine Shrimp and my 7 bettas love them.

This is what they look like

Hikari Freeze Dried Tubifex Worms at PETCO

Cheers!
MrWynO14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #3 
NewFishyOwner

Thank you soo much! I already got her the Flakes, BettaMin Pellets and Freezed-Dried Omega Blood Worms. She has eaten the Pellets and the Flakes just fine up to now. : )
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote