Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #21 
watergale

ok i shall check tomorrow, in the mean time i wish your baby betta well!
watergale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #22 
FireKidomaru

Thanks moclam! I can't wait :) I'm really excited
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 AM   #23 
Moclam

Not a problem at all! I hope you find a lovely new friend. <3
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #24 
Crayola

I want to get a baby betta from Petco, but I don't feel like I should because I've only just started with my education on these fish. Perhaps I'll get one in the future.
Crayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #25 
Fawnleaf

My "Baby Betta" appears to be a female, hence the name Lily. But it has come to my attention that I do not know how old she is, and therefore I do not know if she has yet to show any signs of being male or female. Her body structure looks female. (However she is very thin and my have been food deprived, hence being dumped in the pet-store). She also has short fins, but since I have never raised a fry I do not know how old the fry are before the males grow longer fins.

So my question is this: How can I tell for sure whether Lily is indeed a female, and how old must she be before I can tell for sure?
NOTE: Sorry, I can't take pictures, I already tried. My mom has our good camera and my Ipod has horrible detail. Lily looks like a little pale blue dot in the water.
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #26 
CalvinWill

My "baby" is doing rather well. He has survived a month, and is getting much bigger. His color is great. Nice blue body with heavy red fins. He is very obviously a double-tail (i knew that when I got him) but I can't tell yet if he is a veil or D/SD/HM.

He is currently in a 1 gallon that is wedged between my 2 10g tanks and gets heat from them. His water stays at 78, just from being between 2 81 degree tanks. He will be going into one of the 10g tanks once my sponge filters get in.

I feed him New Life Spectrum GROW formula. Small fish formula works great too. Personally I wouldn't hatch BBS for 1 tiny fish. More power to you guys.

Despite his diminutive size, he swallows bloodworms whole and even inhaled an adult brine shrimp that I feed him to see what he would do.

I'll post pictures of him in his thread later today maybe.
CalvinWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

Even with stores being the same, the practices within are different.. For instance, how many have come across a Walmart that actually could take care of the fish? Not many, if at all any. Ours, did because we had an experienced manager, who made sure the employees knew what they were doing, or else they were transfered. Our dead fish only came to be because of bad shipping methods ><

All depends on the people in the store
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
My "Baby Betta" appears to be a female, hence the name Lily. But it has come to my attention that I do not know how old she is, and therefore I do not know if she has yet to show any signs of being male or female. Her body structure looks female. (However she is very thin and my have been food deprived, hence being dumped in the pet-store). She also has short fins, but since I have never raised a fry I do not know how old the fry are before the males grow longer fins.

So my question is this: How can I tell for sure whether Lily is indeed a female, and how old must she be before I can tell for sure?
NOTE: Sorry, I can't take pictures, I already tried. My mom has our good camera and my Ipod has horrible detail. Lily looks like a little pale blue dot in the water.
It may be awhile before you can tell.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #29 
Luimeril

i hatched BBS for one fry. one teaspoon of eggs, fed Chappy twice a day for two to three days.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #30 
carzz

This is my baby that I told you about, Pikachu. But if 'he' happens to grow up as a 'her', then I'll just call him Pika :D

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  60.3 KB
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote