Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #1 
inthenavy

Question Heaters and Filters: comparison shopping, can't decide between 2

Flush with Christmas cash and a 20 gallon tank rescued from my parents attic, I am going to need a filter and a heater. I'm not coming to you totally clueless but with all the research I've done I can only get as far as a "top two" for each category. Any advice based off personal experience, even if it's just knowledge of one name-brand over another would be really appreciated.

Heaters:

1. EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater 75W
    Pros: adjustible, accurate to the degree, well-respected brand, fully submersible, shatter-proof
    Cons: as long as my tank (24 in). Where the hell do I fit it?
  2. Aqueon 06106 Pro Heaters Submersible Aquarium Heater 100W
    Pros: adjustible, accurate, lifetime guarantee, shorter (14 in), fully submersible, shatter-proof
    Cons: I haven't seen as much "press" about aqueon as I have the Jager products

Filters:
  1. Fluval C2 Power Filter
    Pros:Flexible and 5 stage filtration (do I need all 5?), "reduced flow" setting, guaranteed for two years, telescoping intake tube
    Cons: May be noisy enough on arrival to require disassembling and Vaseline lubing
  2. AquaClear 30 Power Filter
    Pros: flow control, 2 year warranty, "lifetime guarantee on non-replaceable parts", easily fixed at home, slightly cheaper
    Cons: short intake tube, fewer filtration stages, less easy to understand enclosed instructions
inthenavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

I have had good experiences with the aqueon heaters thus far and I love aquaclear filters. I can't tell you about the other two but I stand by those brands.
Posted via Mobile Device
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20g, 20gal, comparison, filter recommendation, heater recommendation