Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #1 
Crayola

Smile Hello, I'm new.

I wasn't sure where to post this because there wasn't an introduction section (that I saw), so I placed it here since this isn't really related to the fish. I apologize if this isn't welcome here and if that's the case the person in charge of moving the topics when they're in the wrong section shouldn't hesitate to move it. I should get to what I was going to say, yes?

I'm Crayola, the newest member to the forum. This is my first time on a forum so I hope that I won't get attacked if I accidently do something wrong. This forum seems friendly, though, and I don't believe that I will be attacked. Well, maybe a troll would, but I know that it's not my place to feed those nasty creatures. Not only is this my first moment on a forum, but it's also my birthday today. I'm 16 years old.

What brought me here, you must wonder. I have a gently used 10 gallon that I'm not using and I think that my room needs to have some more color besides orange. I did a little search on the internet and found that a betta would be the only thing suitable in my 10 gallon. I have $275 from the holiday and today that I think I should use to make the tank all pretty after a nice scrubbing with hot water. After it's all nice, I'll look for a betta to occupy it. I won't go anywhere like Walmart or Meijers since they're horrible at keeping fish. Meijers isn't even allowed to have a betta in their store (in my area). We have an outstanding Petco here.

I want to get one from Walmart to save them, but I know that it'll only bring more suffering in the future. By giving them my money for the poor creatures, I'm supporting the suffering. When I visit Walmart (rarely) I just feel so horrible when I leave them there. It's difficult for me not to purchase one. I've been doing alright, I suppose.

Last edited by Crayola; 12-26-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Crayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #2 
Crayola

I just now noticed the introduction section, I'm sorry about the mix up. Can I get someone to move this, please?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #4 
Crayola

Thank you for the welcome. I was hoping to maybe go window shopping for a betta today, but the car decided not to start. We were supposed to go see a movie because it's my birthday, too. I was so disappointed when it wouldn't start, but it gives me more time, I guess.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your car. I hope you had a happy birthday, anyway.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #6 
Crayola

It's quite interesting how that turned out. I'm going to try to make it to a movie showtime that's around 9PM with my brother's car. He'll be getting home from work at Burger King around that time anyway. It'll also be a bonus for me because he has a mustang and I'll be riding with style. I don't think I'll have time to window shop for a betta, though, but I'm actually a bit glad about that. You can never be too prepared and with that betta bug wandering around, you'll never know when it'll bite you.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #7 
ThorAndGhost

Welcome to the forum and happy belated birthday!
ThorAndGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:03 AM   #8 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum. Happy belated b'day, hope you had fun.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #9 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...nice to meet you......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote