Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #1 
CreativePotato

Calling all Pokémon fanatics! :D

Any other Pokémon enthusiasts out there? During my pre-sleep, half conscious musings last night I decided I was going to design a Fakemon modeled after betta splendens.
The Pokémon will have two forms, one in the southeast and one in the southwest. The one in the east is red, and the west one is blue. The first evolution will look like a fry with only one spot of color will be visible to determine its form. The second evolution will resemble a veiltail betta, in whatever color its area dictates. The third evolution (by Water Stone or something) is different between forms. This is one point w here I need your help. One evolution will look like a crowntail, but I don't know which color it should be, or what tail type the opposite form should have (I've considered halfmoon).
Obviously (I hope) the females of both forms will have smaller fins, but just as much color. Stats are as follows: Sky-high attack and pretty high speed, relatively terrible defense, especially in males. Females have slightly higher speed. In battle, these Pokémon have low evasiveness (bright colors are hard to miss). I want to make a species-exclusive move that involves flaring or tail-wiggle-dancing. Called Ribbon Dance, maybe? It will raise Attack and lower Special Defense. The Pokémon's ability is almost always Intimidate.
Also, help me name them! I will have sketches put up as soon as my scanner decides to work.
CreativePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

lol. I guess I'll out myself, too. I mostly play the games but dabbled in the cards a bit when I was younger. I'd love to see the sketches! I also like naming things, so I'll be glad to help with that later!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #3 
nel3

maybe you can add Guillotine to his availble movelist to shut the mouths of those that say a betta "is just a fish."
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #4 
Tikibirds

I love the games and the series, till they changed the voices. I still watch it when i see it on.

I like the idea of a HM for the 3rd evolution - maybe a dragon type
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #5 
CreativePotato

I like those ideas, nel and Tiki! I scanned my sketches for the first evolution, but they didn't turn out right. So I redid them in Paint Tool SAI, and here they are!

That's what the males and females will both look like. Next evolution is comin' up.

Help me name them! Also, any pixelers out there accepting requests?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #6 
CreativePotato

Here's a rough of the second evolution. Since bettas have a row of teeth on their bottom jaws, I thought I'd put some fangs on the botto jaw of these guys. West on the left, east on the right.

I'm thinking the third evolution should look kinda serpent-y. What do you think?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #7 
nel3

i like the idea of having both being of different tail types/appearance to show different adaptations to deal with different environmental aspects.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #8 
thekoimaiden

Awww! The first evolution looks soo cute! Are you going to make any differentiation between males and females in the second and third evolutions? I thought I saw that idea tossed around and thought it would be neat.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #9 
MissRockyHorror

That's cool! :D
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #10 
CreativePotato

Yes, the females will have shorter fins. :) I forgot to add that the picture of the second evolution are the males.