Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #1 
CreativePotato

Question How do I convince my mom...?

Since I live in Michigan (go blue ;P), winters are never very mild. Granted, this year so far has been pretty nice (nice in Michigan equals 35*F and up), but once February rolls around I just have a feeling we'll be paying for it then.
Room temperature in my house is about 68 degrees, and Prince Kaida's tank is from 71 to 74 any given hour. He seems happy like this, but I want him to have the best environment I can provide, and all that's missing for me to do that is a heater.
I've read reviews of dozens of different heaters, and I've decided on getting this one, from Elite: http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi...pr_product_top
I can pay for it and everything, but there is one thing blocking my path. My mom. She doesn't want me to have a heater plugged in all the time for fear of it starting a fire or something. I get this, but she doesn't understand how important it is for Kaida's health. And she doesn't realize that the things are MADE not to start fires and junk. For something like that to happen, something has to be really wrong with the heater, and usually you're able to tell before something as bad as a FIRE starts.
tl;dr- How do you think I can convince this crazy woman to let me get a heater?!
CreativePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #2 
Badjer

Lmao I seriously just had the SAME problem. I'm from Micigan and everything! My mom wasn't too worried about my heaters (I don't even think she realizes that I just ordered two of them, I got that same heater for one of my tanks too) but she was paranoid about the fact that the lights on my tanks are on a timer and will be going on and off even when we aren't home. She's less worried about it since she approved the hood I bought and talked to one of our Petco's aquarium experts about how unlikely it is for a proper fish tank to catch fire. Maybe find an article your mom can read about fire hazards and fishtanks? Short of that, I can't think of any other solutions at the moment. Hope it goes well though...a warm betta is a super happy betta!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote