Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #1 
lulupie

water change question. help please?!

so i have a 2.5g tank. and i need to change the water. and it says you need at least 50% of water change. so do I just take some of the water out than add new one than add the solution to it?? would that be fine or should i change the whole water? im sorry i just dont know what to do..
lulupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Is this a filtered tank and any live plants....

On a 2.5gal unfiltered without live plants-twice weekly water changes....1-50% and 1-100% should maintain water quality

If the tank is filtered and/or has rooted plants-50% twice weekly...

For partial water changes-you can use a plastic cup and dip half the water out-its best to use a bucket and have the replacement water mixed with the dechlorinator and to ensure the water temp is pretty close to the tank water temp too......you can add the dechlorinator in the tank as you are adding the new water too-it works on contact so the water is safe....

Its a good idea to have a cleaning bucket to use for just the tanks/fish and you can keep all the cleaning supplies in it for easy access....be sure and label everything "Fish Only" so you don't have any accidents with toxic substances.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote