Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #11 
elem86

I have two Specs with really long finned VT in each. I pushed some filter foam into the outlet nozzle on one and on the other I tied foam over the nozzle. Both methods slowed the current enough for the fish to swim but the bigger problem I had was the intake grate. When I got my first Spec I watched him when I first turned the filter on. He could swim past it and away from it with no problem but his dorsal fine was pulled in a little and it ripped. The fin has regrown and now I keep the tanks filled so that maybe only an 1/8 - 1/4" of the grate is underwater. I suppose another option would be to place more foam in that section or to prop the supplied foam off the bottom a bit.
elem86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #12 
bastage

Another similar tank to consider is the new aqueon evolve nano. Similar design, but currently only 40 bucks for the 2g at petco. Makes it cheaper and easier to get then the spec.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote