Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #1 
TorchwoodMindfreak

Exclamation Please help, walmart rescue

Well I got the 6.6 fish tank I wanted for christmas but I hadn't set it up yet. I was in walmart and was looking at the bettas as always when I saw two boys in one cup! I couldn't see any empty cups around so we called a guy back there. I told him they couldn't be together but they didn't have any extra cups. So I told him to put one I'm a bag and I would take it. I chose the one with the raggedist fins. He was about to put it in the bag and right as I said "be careful they jump" plop, he drops my betta-_- well the little guy is floating in one of my other tanks while I set his up now. Anyway I bought a bag of epsom salts but I don't know if this is what I should do for him or what. I can't put pictures up yet because my internet is down. Any help would be appreciated, I want this guy to thrive!
TorchwoodMindfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #2 
Sakura8

How is his behavior? I'd imagine some heavy breathing after being stuck at Wal-mart. Is he lethargic or having trouble swimming? Or is it just his fins are raggedy? If it's just his fins and he looks pretty good otherwise, then clean, warm water and lots of it. Plus, API Stress Coat will help heal those fins too. Don't get the Stress Coat they sell at Wal-Mart, not the same thing.

Congrats on rescuing a needy betta. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #3 
TorchwoodMindfreak

He seems pretty healthy other than his fins. He doesn't swim very well but I think it's because he has almost no fins. I'm trying to go to the store today to get some stress coat. I have some kordon ich attack should I use that as a preventative for a few days or not? Oh and does anyone know if you can post pics on here from your phone?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #4 
Sakura8

I'm not sure about the phone thing, sorry. But for now, I think I'd give the guy just clean, warm water. I bet he's a happy fellow now that he has a loving home. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #5 
TorchwoodMindfreak

I just compared this guy to a healthy betta and his chest is huge! It's round and bulgy. I can't see any poo in the tank besides the one he's taking right now. Should I fast him?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #6 
Zorra

Try fasting him for two days and then give him a very small pinch of flakes. My Betta seems to only go once a week at the most, and it's a large blob not that stringy waste. Don't think that's really normal, guess he gets constiptated, so i've reduced his food. He's a walmart resque too, so who knows how messed up he is, poor thing. I hear that giving the fish half a pea (heat canned or frozen pea for a few seconds then peal off skin and place in tank.) helps with constipation, but use that as a last resort, it may not digest well with all fish.
Zorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, dropped, rescue, walmart