Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #1 
Zorra

R.I.P. Kunzite

My dare Kunzite, you shimmered with the color of laughter. A rainbow of pearl was your attire; while yellows, blues, and pinks crowned the spikes of your fins. From the moment I passed you in the store, swimming in that little bowl; I felt you cry out to me to take you home, away from the horrible place of sickness and sadness. I was foolish enough to fall in love with you. You swam your way into my heart before I'd reached the check out. I prized you above the others, not all of whom I was able to adopt.

I was foolish in the week that followed. Assuming that fresh water and love would be all you needed to improve. I had no thoughts that your illness was due to infestations I could not see. You were the first to enter my heart, the first fish in ten years to step into my home, and I'm sorry I didn't know then what I learned after. I thought I was learning your patterns. You were so lively, and playful. Then without warning, overnight a fuzz known as death claimed you before treatment could have time to work. I knew....I knew I would not wake to see you another morning smiling back at me.

We only knew each other a few days, but I had given you my whole heart. I had lost you and another beloved pet, NINA two days before you. Both were sudden, both were likely enviable. I knew in my heart that you had both called to me for the purpose of dieing. I provided the clean, friendly environment, and comforting love you needed in your last days. I knew that day in the store that you had chosen me to be your angel. You came to me to die.

Why? Why must I open my heart to those I know I will loose? Parting with you was like parting with my best friend. I was sliced in two. I cried at school. I cried when the store refused me your body back. But I said my goodbyes and made peace with my heart. Thank you, Kunzite, my lovely gem. You brought me a gift, however short of time it was, and I will always remember you for it. Be at peace and may your soul find a brighter star.
Zorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #3 
traktion

I understand your pain I have just lost my long time betta buddy today. Your wonderful descriptive writing shows how much love you have to give.
traktion is offline   Reply With Quote