Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #1 
Kayceekins

My betta tank and filter question

This is my upgraded 6.6 bookshelf aquarium.

Light: Marineland LED's
Filter: Marineland Penguin 100
Heater: Tetra submersible for 50 watt

Fish:
1 Betta (Bruce)
2 Golden Dojo Loaches (Noodle and Sketti)
3 Ghost Shrimp
2 Bamboo Shrimp
1 Gold Mystery Snail (Reginald)

This tank drives me crazy. I have never seen anything that scratches as easily as this. I am extra careful with it, but it doesn't help. Are there any other tanks that are long like this, but still small enough to put on my bookshelf? And if so, where can I find one? I would like a tank between 6 and 10 gallons.

The filter in the picture is the one that came with the tank and I don't care for it much. For Christmas my boyfriend bought me a Penguin 100 that I had been eying for a while, but it turns out that it was broken. When I first hooked it up, it made a loud noise and I let it run for 2 days. Then tonight, when I did my weekly water change, it decided that it just didn't want to work anymore. I will be taking it back to Petsmart tomorrow and was wondering if these are even good filters or if I should try out a different one.

One last question. I LOVE my ghost shrimp, but I have a hard time keeping these little guys alive. This is my fourth batch and they are the only thing that has ever died in my tank. Is there anything I should try or are ghost shrimp just a lost cause?
Attached Images

Kayceekins is offline   Reply With Quote