Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #1 
FireKidomaru

Question Passing the Obsession

So Im not the only one out there that has inspired people to care for fishies..so I want to hear your stories :) who have you inspired to start taking care if fishies??

My story is I have inspired my boyfriends little brother (he now has a 10 gallon community tank, and two bettas) my best friend (she had 3 bettas but soon got bored unfortunatley and gave them to me..) and an aquantence (she was a friend until she began to be mean and call me a "fish freak", but she has a betta)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #2 
mjoy79

I wouldn't say I've passed the obsession so to speak, but I did give my sister and my mother bettas. I do a lot of the care for my mom's two bettas. She does seem to be entertained by the little guys. She calls one of them "Shamu" because he likes to jump for his food. When I was younger we kept bettas in tiny glass bowls every once in awhile. They wouldn't last long - of course. And they tended to just lay around (go figure). So she's a little surprised by the personalities her new friends have (when in better environment, more space, heated, etc). Not sure how my sister's guy is doing but she did say he was flaring at her a lot. haha.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #3 
xXGalaxyXx

I kind of forced the obsession on my friend, haha. I got him a 2.5 gallon tank as a birthday present, as well as food, water conditioner, gravel, a plant, and $10 for the betta himself. Except I kind of forgot to include the receipt for his tank in the package, so he went with my idea and got a betta instead of returning everything and getting a video game like he wanted to. Eight months later, that betta, a blue and white marble halfmoon boy named Bartholomew is still going strong, and the little guy has three 'brothers' named Theutburger (red veiltail), Fluffy (blue cambodian crowntail) and Flarp (multicolor delta). And the owner of 'Bartholomew and friends' also has a ten gallon community, two dwarf puffers in a 20 gallon, breeds fancy guppies, and has a package with another 2.5 gallon tank on its way from my house. >:3
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote