Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #1 
newarkhiphop

Best part is seeing there progress ...

Am sitting here looking @ omelet swimming around in his 1G critter keeper (upgrade coming soon) his water water temp sitting @ 81 degrees (thanks to a hydor heater) and looks to be very happy, flarring @ anything that walks buy

the total opposite of when i found him on a shelve @ petco, not even swimming with his back turned, in those small cups, water all cold and dirty

i think thats the best part of rescuing bettas from petshops,petcos and petsmarts,

seeing there progress

share your progress stories plz
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #2 
NewFishyOwner

Mine is doing so much better since I got her from Wallmart. Now she is in a 5 gallon Tank, with a heater and a filter and some nice decorations. She used to be in a 1 gallon. She is flaring at her own reflection like crazy now, she has never seen herself before aperantly. She was eating her own poop when I got her. She is so sweet and lovely. I now know what you guys mean. She seems much happier now and even when I got her she was one of the most active there and truthfully, it was love at first sight for both of us.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #3 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFishyOwner View Post
Mine is doing so much better since I got her from Wallmart. Now she is in a 5 gallon Tank, with a heater and a filter and some nice decorations. She used to be in a 1 gallon. She is flaring at her own reflection like crazy now, she has never seen herself before aperantly. She was eating her own poop when I got her. She is so sweet and lovely. I now know what you guys mean. She seems much happier now and even when I got her she was one of the most active there and truthfully, it was love at first sight for both of us.
Yes when i first saw omelet on a saturday i was surprised he was the only non red or blue betta of any kind in the whole petco so i figured he was going to get bought that day because they were hosting some type of event in the petco and there were alot of ppl in there already, i went back the next day to go get some betta supplies and to he was still there, so i got him

yea same here with the flaring , am keeping him in a 1 gallon (heated) critter keeper for now and the sides are reflective so he was flaring a lot the first couple of days, even eating i had to drop the pellets and walk away, now as soon as i lift the lid he swims up
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 
NewFishyOwner

Well my girl seems to know when food is ready I just need to be a lot quicker when I give her food. I have to first prepare the food then serve it to her right away so she seems to be just fine. Still working on what to do for that reflection fo hers.

It seems cool how you just came in and he was still there, he was meant for you then and you for him. : ) I'm happy about that I can see there a lot of people here who are extremely passionate about fish especially Betta's lol but really wow.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #5 
dlite

I bought my betta before my 29g was cycled, his fin was showing some signs of rot for a week until the tank finished its cycle. When the tank was stable, I added a territorial clown pleco and soon after realized that the two were going to have to be separated. I held my betta in a heater-less 2 gallon tank overnight not knowing the room would freeze over night. The next day I noticed my betta had stress stripes(only time I have ever seen it), straight away I put the betta back into the 29g, took out the clown pleco and returned it to the lfs, shortly after I returned home to see a ich infested tank I successfully treated the tank and there were no casualties, it has been a rocky road for me and I've learned quite a lot

My betta's fins has since grew in nicely, his body looks much thicker and he is stronger than ever He is pictured in my avatar
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #6 
elegantlyunsophisticated

I felt bad for a VT boy in petco so I brought him home. He was tiny, skinny, and the color of uncooked shrimp. I had to treat him for fin rot and crush up pellets for him to be able to eat them. Now he's developing some amazing blue/purple coloring, can eat whole pellets, and actually wiggle dances at me!
elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote