Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #1 
Bambi

Two new walmart rescue girlies?

I woke up this morning to find my last walmart female had passed(after spawning/being removed). I'm not sure what caused her death but I'm thinking there was an issue with her decor in her tank. I've emptied the tank and scrubbed it and it's currently tanking a warm bleach soak with the cave and such.

So I went to walmart to see if they had the heater i need for my 20gallon(sorority or grow out, whichever come first) and they still don't. -_- thinking of going to petsmart here in a minute to check there.

anywho, of course i looked at their bettas. They had 3 females who seemed healthy and some who seemed to be having issues. Because walmart bettas tend to live no longer then a month or two with me I try i pick healthy ones...
Sooo.They had two LOVELY girls who are very clearly part CT, decent web reduction, pretty even, better tail spreads then the just VT girls.. I bought one aswell as a new one gallon tank for her(the tetra one with the undergravel 'filter' and light).

I might be tempted to buy the second one aswell and use the two of them to breed to my CT boy.

The one I bought is a nice turquoiseish when she's not stressed out, she might be a blonde too(need to look into that more). The other one was stressed but very clearly blackbody with blue irid...I have a sneaking suspension she's a black lace under all her stress stripes.

....anywho I'm off to petsmart in hunt for the heater for my 20gal, wish me.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote