Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #131 
BeautifulBetta

LOL yeah the 50-75% water changes everyday definitely dont help the bubble issue rofl! Tank looks super clean tho! Gives it a certain crisp look ;) LOL. Godzilla's a fatty! I love his belly in this photo too, it's so adorable! They're both just kinda ignoring each other now. Godzillas always been 'plant boss' so he's taken to a plant and just in and around it. bubbles however, waits at the front of the tank until I come feed them. Her and I have become very bonded :)

Both the big snails are in the other fry tank, bubbles and godzilla get a simple little pond snail that came in on some live plants I bought haha. It wasnt a very exciting chase, I can tell you that much lmao
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #132 
tpocicat

The colors on godzilla are amazing! He definately looks well fed. LOL
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #133 
Badjer

They look great! Bubbles is from a different spawn I take it? Who are her parents and is she the only surviver? All the fry have grown so much!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #134 
BeautifulBetta

Thank you! Yep Bubbles is from a different spawn. Same mom as godzilla + siblings, but Sheldon is her Dad:

There's two left from that spawn but the other one is really sickly or something and doesnt wanna grow. Can't seem to swim very well either so I'll probably have to cull it. Poor little guy. It was a pretty small spawn to begin with, only like 10-15 of them. Sheldons my oldest boy so I figured it was time to retire him. Bubbles was really the only healthy one to begin with I think. THIS spawn however...Oh my god lmao. I still can't believe there's 218...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #135 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
LOL yeah the 50-75% water changes everyday definitely dont help the bubble issue rofl! Tank looks super clean tho! Gives it a certain crisp look ;) LOL. Godzilla's a fatty! I love his belly in this photo too, it's so adorable! They're both just kinda ignoring each other now. Godzillas always been 'plant boss' so he's taken to a plant and just in and around it. bubbles however, waits at the front of the tank until I come feed them. Her and I have become very bonded :)

Both the big snails are in the other fry tank, bubbles and godzilla get a simple little pond snail that came in on some live plants I bought haha. It wasnt a very exciting chase, I can tell you that much lmao
Little plant dwellers are cute when they swim all around in circles up and under all the plants. At least it is to me. I love how we can have such a beautiful little underwater world of our own in our own homes. It's amazing.

It sounds like bubbles wants all the attention and she really sounds like Punki's female Miss Piggy. Miss Piggy is one of her females that she raised herself is a female that has always been one to eat EVERYTHING.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #136 
NewFishyOwner

Well Godzilla looks really preatty too. All of these little frys look adorable. I can't wait to see how much more they develop. Great job!
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #137 
BeautifulBetta

LOL Girls can be so piggish! My boys aren't nearly as bad haha.
Thank you newfishyowner! :D I cant wait to see what they look like too. Its really hard to catch on camera, but a couple of the fries have a black fringe on their anal fins now :) No red showing up so far, just blue-ish green irridescences :S Usually red shows up first for me haha

Last edited by BeautifulBetta; 02-03-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #138 
BeautifulBetta

Took a video last night for you guys! Hope you enjoy it :) I quite enjoyed the title lmao. There's a couple in there who are almost godzillas size now. Starting to see ventrals on the bigger ones as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6-hD...2&feature=plcp
Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #139 
Fasht

Sheldon looks almost exactly as my Bleu exept that mine is having red wash now
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #140 
BeautifulBetta

Oh really? :) sweet!

Well, it had to be done, but I culled Bubbles' little deformed sibling...I'm glad I can talk about this on here, I cried my eyes out. I felt so awful that there was nothing I could do to help the little guy. I'm sure the reason for so much crying was the extra hormones rippin through me at the moment, but wow. If I told anyone on FB or something, they'd probably think I'm crazy for crying over 1/4" long fish.
Thanks for reading T_T