Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #161 
BeautifulBetta

thanks so much guys! :) <3 I'm so excited for both the fry and my human baby haha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #162 
Bonbonisbff

Good luck!! :)
Bonbonisbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #163 
BeautifulBetta

Thankyou! :D <3 Found a few more fry tonight with a black edge like daddy. Even found a bit of red on the fins of one !! :)

Bubbles is also developing red on her tail! i thought she was going to look just like sheldon but apparently shes gunna have a bit of mommy too :)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #164 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Thats very true...good point Fasht :) Thanks. I guess posting about posting a 'RIP' Fishy' status would be way better than other statuses i've seen. At least my hobby is legal lol. Lots of my friends like to post things about marijuana and such. They can suck it up and deal with my sad status lol.
your very welcome! your fry are looking great! and 218 of them damn that's alot of work lol! specially during your pregnancy. Ask the daddy to do the water changes for you lol. Our fry almost has the same age, right?
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #165 
BeautifulBetta

I totally would if I hadn't dumped his useless butt back in september :D Haha. So 'tis just me. I have my family that could help but mom is sick too, my brother works all the time, and my dad is scared of fish lmfao. He likes looking at them, but if theres a chance that one is going to touch him, he avoids the scenario completely :P He was traumatized when I showed him the video of me cuddling Peekaboo xD

Wow i'm rambling. But yes, Fasht! :D I think ours both hatched on December 28th.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #166 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
I totally would if I hadn't dumped his useless butt back in september :D Haha. So 'tis just me. I have my family that could help but mom is sick too, my brother works all the time, and my dad is scared of fish lmfao. He likes looking at them, but if theres a chance that one is going to touch him, he avoids the scenario completely :P He was traumatized when I showed him the video of me cuddling Peekaboo xD

Wow i'm rambling. But yes, Fasht! :D I think ours both hatched on December 28th.
Awe! sorry to hear bout the dad, atleast your happy now and stress free! Your dad might be forced to do the water changes once you can't do it anymore lol. That's cool that they hatched at the same day, though you probably have it real hard to do water changes cause of the huge number of fry that you have + you have extra load that you to carry aside from a huge bucket of water xD. I'm soo lucky that my first spawn isn't as big, it makes the water changes easier and the fact that I only have a 10 gallon for my spawn and grow out tank (which is the same tank) cause I'm poorly funded lol.

Then again I actually have a 15 gallon tank down the basement, maybe I should use that for my spawning and grow out tank the next time I do my spawn.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #167 
BeautifulBetta

I'm definitely happy now, and definitely way less stressed out than I was when I was with him! He was a nitwit lmao. Dad may be able to help out though, as long as I promise that he wont have to touch any fish xD Luckily he's home in the evenings when I do the water changes. I've got my fries in a 25 gallon, I almost wish they were in a 10 gallon again, way easier to do 50% water changes every night -_- LOL. Unfortunately, too many of them to do so.
A 15 gallon would be nice to spawn in, decently big and good enough for a growout later :) My fries have gone through 4 moves since they hatched lol. 2-ish g-5g-10g-25g. Lots of moves but apparently I havent lost many. Lucky me..... lmao
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #168 
Fasht

Yeah that's lots of move outs I haven't move mine aside from the 6 fry that I jarred but I added them back again cause I need better jars to keep them cause the one that I have right now is 6 individual tupper wares and they flop around too much and I don't have the right spot to keep them
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #169 
BeautifulBetta

Oh yeah the flopping around would be a pain, they might've ended up back with the others anyway lol.

I've got bubbles, godzilla and 2 from this spawn together to see how much spawn size makes a difference in growth. They're all in a 5 gallon at the moment with 75% water changes every evening. I may move them to a 10 gallon I'm not using instead. They're pretty cute though :D I might try and get some photos tonight after water changes, assembling the crib and re-arranging the baby's room :D
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #170 
Fasht

yey more pictures! I'll prolly take more pics for mine later, too. room re-arranging for the baby sounds a whole lots of fun!