Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #191 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
NO MORE REPRODUCTION!!! Lmao. I'll stick to mystery snails then :P Thanks for the info :)

They do seem to get more hardy and less fragile around a month old, now that I think about it lol. I found some really runty ones tonight when I moved the plants around. They're like 1/2 cm long, whereas the biggest ones are just over 1 cm. Godzilla is almost 1/2inch long haha. Glad I took him out
Would you mind me asking why you dont want a bunch of snails? I have been trying to get my snails to reproduce (just leaving them in the warm tank) and they dont do anything

Wow Godzilla must really be doing great! It also could be that he is in a tank with not very many fish so he must be happy and getting bigger by the minute!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #192 
BeautifulBetta

Haha I had an outbreak of pond snails I'm still trying to get rid of. They came in on some plants that I bought. I wouldnt mind mystery snail babies though, wish they would breed for you!

Godzilla's doing great with bubbles and his other two siblings :) I'll get some photos tomorrow, Godzilla's turning a very interesting copper-green, even without the flash. so are his siblings o.O
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #193 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Haha I had an outbreak of pond snails I'm still trying to get rid of. They came in on some plants that I bought. I wouldnt mind mystery snail babies though, wish they would breed for you!

Godzilla's doing great with bubbles and his other two siblings :) I'll get some photos tomorrow, Godzilla's turning a very interesting copper-green, even without the flash. so are his siblings o.O
Haha. I havent yet had an outbreak...At least not one that I can find just yet. I only have one pond snail right now. Yeah Mystery snails would be nice!

Copper Green..That's an interesting combination I have to say!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #194 
BeautifulBetta

Haha hopefully it stays at one pond snail! They're not as pretty as mystery snails hahaha. In my opinion :P I love my gold guy, he's so pretty!

the copper-green is really interesting..I hope I can capture it on camera! The babies in the other tank, some are showing reds now :)
Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #195 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Haha hopefully it stays at one pond snail! They're not as pretty as mystery snails hahaha. In my opinion :P I love my gold guy, he's so pretty!

the copper-green is really interesting..I hope I can capture it on camera! The babies in the other tank, some are showing reds now :)
I would like a bunch of pond snails! The really do a nice job of cleaning. As do Mystery snails. All snails look weird when you look at them on the glass. They look like suction cups! LOL

I though I was going to have a hard time capturing my MG's purple border on camera but didnt...He changes color from black to purple bordering.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #196 
BeautifulBetta

LMAO They do look like suction cups! Cant wait to have my camera back, I'll try and get macro shots of their scary-looking mouths hahaha.

He changes colour? Thats pretty awesome! I loooove Mg's <3
Old 02-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #197 
bettalover2033

Quote:
LMAO They do look like suction cups! Cant wait to have my camera back, I'll try and get macro shots of their scary-looking mouths hahaha.

He changes colour? Thats pretty awesome! I loooove Mg's <3
I would love to see some Macro shots of their mouths. Like the macro shots you did of bettas "teeth." That was awesome!

Yeah! He changes color from Black outline to a vibrant purple outline

This is the black:

and then purple:

I was pretty amazed too and didnt think of anything until before I saw him flaring! I noticed that he turns a bright purple while flaring....at first I thought it was the lighting but it lasted too long and he was not at an angle when I did notice it.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #198 
BeautifulBetta

Holy crap!!! He's sooooo beautiful! i've never seen anything like that before. Incredible! Do you plan on spawning him?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #199 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Holy crap!!! He's sooooo beautiful! i've never seen anything like that before. Incredible! Do you plan on spawning him?
Neither have I. I never thought I would get a Betta, let alone a MG that has such a vibrant rare purple on its fins. I actually was planning on breeding him or another male that I got on Saturday.

This is the other male that I got on Saturday:
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...filter=noflash

Though since the MG that I have has a spoon head gene, I will have no risk with breeding that yellow dragon. The lighter dragon had no kind of deformity and his fins are very even. So I am going to breed him to Korra and in the future breed the MG to Korra. Though my goal is to have fry with a 100% full masked dragons. Then start working on color.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #200 
tpocicat

That purple color is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen quite that color on a betta before.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote