Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #511 
JBosley

I don't even care if it's "nice" haha! I just really want another

Ohh I will have to follow that spawn then! I still want a female from this one

I would pay 25$ for a fish I loved, no problem. I'm so paranoid about going through a transhipper though, for some reason
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #512 
BeautifulBetta

I really was too actually..I was reaaaaally hesitant about buying from Thailand, it scared the crap out of me lol. The only transhipper in canada was in montreal I think which is still freakin far away from me :P I decided to just go for it though, and I looooove my thailand babies :) I only have two girls from there now, ones a yellow/black CT and the other is a royal blue HM.

bUT! Here's my hmpk I wanna spawn. It won't be for a long while though, I'll be really preoccupied with Arianna for a few months, but the parents said once she's got a decent schedule going, I can try it again :)

With flash
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #513 
JBosley

I should really get more information on how to go through a transhipper, suck it up and try it

Haha I bet! I couldn't imagine having a baby and doing what you do with your fish. How old are you? If you don't mind me asking I'm 22.

Woah Nice fish!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #514 
Ariel1719

(just popping in now XP) ive bought 3 fish from thailand. Once about 3 years ago when there was a different transhipper... lots of miss communication and my fish was placed in a mail box on a hot summer day for almost 5 hours 0_0... I bought again from thailand about a year ago and it was a much better experience... i hate the price.. paying more for shipping then a fish but other then that it worked out great. The one male unfortunately jumped out over night so I only had him for about 12 hours :( the female passed a month ago. I'm not going to say I WONT ever do it again.. but I much prefer to buy (and ship) a fish from Canada.. a little more close to home :)

There is a great betta breeder in Montreal (about 2 hours from me) but i have never been out there to check out his fish.. I might soon though :)
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #515 
BeautifulBetta

Thanks JBosley! Im actually 21 haha! Pretty close in age eh? :P

Definitely the bad part about buying from thailand is how expensive it is...For the four fish I got, I ended up paying around $180 overall, but it was totally worth it. Some of the fish from there are amaaaaaaazing! Maybe I should just move there. Lmao.

Possibly some bad news, Marbles the mom, I noticed tonight is very bloated and pineconey :( I experimented to see if they'd eat flakes that came with the tank I recently bought, so she might've just eaten too much..But she's all clamped up and looking pretty miserable. I took her out of the sorority and in a QT tank for the night. Guess we'll have to see by morning
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #516 
betta lover1507

i wouldn't give her any freeze-dried or flakes at the moment, they easily bloat betta's. hopefully marbles gets better, she is such a pretty girl.
your 21? i thought you where like 30 haha, way to old lol
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #517 
BeautifulBetta

Yea I didnt feed her tonight, so hopefully she just ate like a pig and got fat on me. I knew most bettas didnt even like flakes but I tried them just to see if they'd eat it lol. Guess they did I rarely feed anything new, just two kinds of pellets and occasional frozen bloodworm treats. I cant feed freeze dried bloodworms, I'm allergic to them haha
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #518 
JBosley

Yay for being close in age I'm also a Female lmao. But I don't have kids! Or a boyfriend for that matter lols

Ahh boo! I hope she is okay
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #519 
tpocicat

How is Marbles doing? Better I hope...
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #520 
BeautifulBetta

She looks like she's taken a turn for the worse :( It looks like her slime coat is coming off and is still all clamped up and miserable.