betta fish

Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #611 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh, wow! Love Gimpy :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #612 
BeautifulBetta

Heehee thanks! <3 Gimpy's pretty cute. There's a couple that have weird little ventrals like that. Kinda unfortunate but they're just as loveable :P

Here's Gimpy again, did an actual photoshoot today. Had to watch War Horse first though before posting these! My eyes were glued to the TV haha!

Turquoise Male 1

Newly Jarred multi male, Another fighter, naughty boys.

About-to-be-jarred juvies. The girls wont be jarred, just the boys.

ANGRY FACE

Giving him attitude

Returning the attitude

Speckles got into a tiff, gunna jar him tomorrow, he's cool!

My favourite girl, she's actually that colour, its like a silver-ish kinda shade. Very strange!

Her again on the left, her sister, then the biggest boy

Ohai!

Hope you enjoyed the photo spam lmao. I thought I had only taken a couple, but it's amazing how fast the photos add up when the fishies are this damn cute :P
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #613 
bettalover2033

I absolutely love the white border around the second male ("Newly Jarred"). They look fantastic. I want to go to BC just to buy a bunch of them! the color had really come in considering the way they looked a 1.5 months ago!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #614 
BeautifulBetta

Thanks!! :D I love the white edging too, I hope its gunna stay like that. I'm not sure if thats just fin growth or its actually white. Totally awesome! He's been sold so hopefully she'll keep me updated on his progress :)

So yesterday, the three girls I have up here decided to try and give me a heart attack (or make me go into labour haha). I was cleaning their tank and had them sittin in a bowl on the counter right near me. Once the tank was clean and full of water, I put it back on the table and went back to the kitchen. Well well WELL...Only one left in the bowl :S I looked down, and both were on the floor. One was at the tip of my toe, and the other was just to the left of my other foot. Quite possibly the luckiest fish alive, I couldve easily stepped on them. Next time, they're getting a lid on their temporary bowl! That was beyond frightening lol. Both are fine today, luckily. They managed to jump two inches out of the bowl, theyre good jumpers
Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #615 
bettalover2033

It is fin growth. If you look at the rest of the pictures, they all have the border just not as wide as his.

That would have scared the crap out of me! I probably would have been frantically trying to cup them in my hand...forget the net. When they are that young, you HAVE to be very cautious because of how spunky they get at times. I've learned this way to keep a lid when a few of my male fry decided to jump out of their changing containers. They really wanted their tank back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Thanks!! :D I love the white edging too, I hope its gunna stay like that. I'm not sure if thats just fin growth or its actually white. Totally awesome! He's been sold so hopefully she'll keep me updated on his progress :)

So yesterday, the three girls I have up here decided to try and give me a heart attack (or make me go into labour haha). I was cleaning their tank and had them sittin in a bowl on the counter right near me. Once the tank was clean and full of water, I put it back on the table and went back to the kitchen. Well well WELL...Only one left in the bowl :S I looked down, and both were on the floor. One was at the tip of my toe, and the other was just to the left of my other foot. Quite possibly the luckiest fish alive, I couldve easily stepped on them. Next time, they're getting a lid on their temporary bowl! That was beyond frightening lol. Both are fine today, luckily. They managed to jump two inches out of the bowl, theyre good jumpers
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #616 
tpocicat

They are coming along beautifully, so many wonderful colors!
So glad you looked before you stepped, that was too close.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #617 
betta lover1507

omg this is taunting me >-< lol
there all so cute!
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #618 
BeautifulBetta

Scary scary scary stuff LOL. I was buzzing with adrenaline for like 40 mins after that little incident. No baby yet though so I guess it wasnt enough to put me into labour :P lmao.

Thanks tho guys! I'm so proud :) 4 are going to new homes today, two girls, two boys! Then two males next Friday, woohoo!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #619 
MrVampire181

Are you planning on continuing the line? Canada needs some good bettas now that BC Bettas is gone.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #620 
betta lover1507

what is BC betta's? is he/she a breeder in canada?
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote