Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #1 
traciesowner1

What's some good food for bettas?

whats some good food for bettas? because I have a betta and her name is tracie but it seems like the food I Have now makes my tank dirty in less than 2 days and also i clean my tank once a week but am i doing something wrong? if i am please tell me thanks! for your help
traciesowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #2 
Myates

Welcome.. you are close to my hometown I grew up in long ago :)

What food are you feeding?
How much of it?
How often are you feeding?

How big is the tank?
Depending upon size of the tank, filter, live plants, cycling it varies on how much and often it needs changing. It will always need a weekly change, but the smaller they are, and with no filter, the more they need it.

When feeding, it's always good to be careful not to put too much food in there.. and using a net or turkey baster, remove any uneaten food within minutes of feeding to avoid it fouling up the tank.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #3 
traciesowner1

I feed my betta fish once everymoring, and I give it like 12 pelets and my tank is one gallon but the betta seems like she dose not like the food verymuch and the betta food is called betta medly tropical and i clean my tank once aweek. if you mind can you please tell me what im doing wrong and also can you please tell me whats the best food i can give my betta thanks for your help
traciesowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #4 
gidgeystartedit

Hello friend!!! Your off on a Good start. But 12 pellets sound like alot. I think you have the same food as my cousin.... That stuff does get the tank dirty fast. So try not to feed it that much.. Maybe 2 pellets in the morning and 2 at night?? I use Wardley Betta Pellets for two of my males, one of my males and the females eat New Life Spectrum New Formula. 6 dollars at Petco, I recommend it. It's a big jar for only feed them 2-4 pellets in the morning and at night. Wardley pellets are inexpensive but aren't the best brand. Good luck to you, friend (I know her)
gidgeystartedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #5 
gidgeystartedit

P.S. Where did you grow up Myates? I live in Gilbert also... :)
gidgeystartedit is offline   Reply With Quote