Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #1 
awayfromsun77

need help setting up betta tank/accessories

i just recently purchased a betta this week. i have him in a 3 gallon tank but my betta doesnt move around alot upon looking around on the website i found out my water is too cold 70deg. so i need to get a heater but i don't know what style or size. also i dont know if the filtration system or lighting would be bothering him. this is my tank http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-Aq...-Pets/13448744

i don't know if the neon glow would bother him also is the current of air bubbles too strong or even nessesary?

any advice would be appreciated

Last edited by awayfromsun77; 12-28-2011 at 11:09 PM.
awayfromsun77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #2 
SummerOj

Heaters: 5 watt, is what I think I have... anyone else could probably help you better with that
My aunt has that same tank for her betta and that thing is almost 3 years old.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #3 
Badjer

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi...5241002&sr=1-1

I just got this heater for my 2.5 gallon tank. So far, it works great, and is a nice size for a smaller tank. (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #4 
kitkatbar

That's a cute tank.

I think I've read to keep the light on "only while you are enjoying your fish," and to keep it off the rest of the time, just letting the natural light and the light of your house light his tank. Otherwise, the bright light on top of him all the time may be stressful for him. But if you use it just when you want to watch him in the light, it should be just fine :).

I have a 3.5 gallon and I have a pretty good filter on it and my fish seems okay, so I don't think bubbles would bother your fish too much. Just make sure he has enough space to swim around without being knocked about by something :).
kitkatbar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, neon, tank