Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #1 
Luimeril

The Vanishing Dorsal, part 2

so, a few weeks back, i wrote about my brother's Veiltail, Wheatly. his dorsal fin has been vanishing, and a strange white patch is where it should be. i got him to do water changes with salt, and it's not gotten any smaller but neither has the white patch! good thing is, though, i think it's stopped vanishing, and he's just as active and happy as ever!

i managed to snap three photos of him today, but they're pretty bad. you can see the strange patch, though!

Wheatly lives in a 2.5 gallon tank(Theo's old tank, actually), and his water's changed a few times a week. he's fed every other day, the same mixture of pellets i feed my boys and girls.

the dorsal and white patch are the ONLY changes he's gone through. no other visible illnesses, not bloated, VERY active(the photos are bad because he kept wiggle dancing at me happily!). he's gone through color changes, but they're the good kind, not paling at all(well... he's grown ALOT more blue spots on his anal and tail! blue dal! O_O). because he's not mopey or clamped more than usual(he's a lazy boy, like my Ichi. only showing off when flaring), we're not THAT worried about it. it just freaks me out, how his dorsal's vanished!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote