Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #1 
Hisaki Yuki001

Mr. Moto Before And After

A vid of Mr. Moto I finally finished. Thankyou to everyone who helped me with him. He still has some issues but he's improving bit by bit every day. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceobx..._order&list=UL

Note: This is not a vid depicting cruelty to Betta. It's about what my one little guy went through due to it and how he's overcoming it. I am so thankful that I got him in time even though his future looked bleak for a bit. Again, thank-you everyone who helped me in his time of need.
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

He looks fantastic and great to know he is still improving! Its nice to know there are still people who care even beyond this forum. I like the colors on him and he seems very energetic now!

if i may suggest puttung something in your filter to slow the aeration down so he can swim without. So much current in the water. Try using some thick like a piece of cloth, pantyhose, or leggings (i think it's called?) in the back of the filter to be sure he can swim happily. It also makes it that he is less stressed and under less pressure to be pushed everywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #3 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
He looks fantastic and great to know he is still improving! Its nice to know there are still people who care even beyond this forum. I like the colors on him and he seems very energetic now!

if i may suggest puttung something in your filter to slow the aeration down so he can swim without. So much current in the water. Try using some thick like a piece of cloth, pantyhose, or leggings (i think it's called?) in the back of the filter to be sure he can swim happily. It also makes it that he is less stressed and under less pressure to be pushed everywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank-you. ^_^ And about the filter...Yah, sorry about that. The water current was a bit strong that night I filmed it due to just setting the tank back up since I had to move it into another room. Thankfully the filter is run on aeration with a control valve since I have both 3i filters hooked up to it. The bottom wasn't on right so the bubbles were rapidly escaping. The control valves a little tricky when trying to even it out and slow it down enough for both of the filters. I fixed the bottom of the filter and the valve the next morning and slowed it down to the point that it doesn't seem to effect him anymore. I also could add extra filter padding if I needed to.

Neomi, my new Plakat on the other side, knocked his filter off the wall and into the water by that next morning as well. He apparently decided to try swimming up into it. XD I found him trying to sleep on it that morning, and I found out how he did it that night as he tried it again. XD Thankfully it's not a filter he can get hurt on. lol!
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #4 
bettalover2033

@Hisaki Yuki001: I agree! Valves can be a bit tricky and I have always struggled a bit with them, but have progressively learned a way around them. I am glad to hear that it's better for him now. I'm sure he enjoys being spoiled in your care.

Neomi I really like that name! A plakat can be such a cluts when they are in one of their moods to express their energy. They are the ones that are most know to jump out of the water and sadly suffer. They are really a joy to have when they are actually not flaring at everything it sees.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #5 
SlinkyInk

He's very pretty and looks very active! It's good to see him recovering.
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote