Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #1 
SpookyTooth

The Legendary Blurry Fish

Hello!

I've been wanting to share a photograph of my betta since I acquired him on Tuesday (27th Dec '11) and have failed miserably at getting one of any decent quality.

My sister offered to take a photo but we couldn't get him to keep still, so we took a video and I tried to take a still image from that. It still came out blurry but at least you can see his colours now.

Although... he has no purple (it should be turquoise), that's just reflection from my bedroom. Please also excuse the golden water, that is courtesy of the water conditioner we used - it contains almond leaf extract and is "specially designed" for bettas. We used it alongside our usual conditioner. This is him in his old aquarium, hopefully will have more luck with him in his new, stable aquarium.

So I introduce to thee: blurry fish who still needs a name!

SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #2 
Sakura8

I suggest . . . Ghost. Mirage. Flicker. He seems to always be flickering in and out of focus. Sigh, why be so pretty and photogenic if you're going to be so hard to take pics of, dear little betta friends of ours?

From what I can see, he appears to be a handsome fellow. I think. Congratulations on him.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #3 
pyro fiend

verry nice beautifull guy.

as for the name. sence you got him so close to christmas you can always go ith something involving winter. as he reminds me of a blizard or icicle :) forsty blizard? flurry? [lol love how those r all drink names too lol]
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:18 AM   #4 
SpookyTooth

Thank you both for the comments and name suggestions! I'd considered Rathkeale (it's a place in Ireland, no real correlation aside from sounding awesome) but I think it'll take me a while to decide on a name yet!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #5 
lexylex0526

Beatiful little betta:) I would name it: Blizzard, Flutter/Flurry, speckle,Snow storm, ghost, spirit,tack, frost bite, chilli or hail.
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #6 
SpookyTooth

Thank you for the comment, lexylex0526. I've settled on "Kaze", japanese for "wind"... and it sounds cool. He just reminds me of a soothing breeze.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #7 
Rosso1011

SpookyTooth, I have the same problem with photographing my boy. Whenever he sees the camera he'll puff his cheeks and quickly dart off. Your boy is very pretty.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #8 
tpocicat

Makes me happy to know I'm not the only one with bettas that refuse to cooperate whenever the camera comes out ;). Beautiful colors, I'm sure he is very pretty.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #9 
SpookyTooth

Thank you again everyone for the comments! I apologize for bumping this topic but I have a clearer image of Kaze. If anyone could tell me what colour pattern/tail type he is that would be splendid! Unfortunately the image doesn't show the red streaking on his anal and ventral fins too well, but it is there (it looks a little purple)!

It's still not a perfect picture but at least you can recognize him as a fish and not a super-speeding feather of some kind this time! I took it with my phone after Kaze's water change and tank re-deco. I also moved the LED light that was only partially over the aquarium - in person you can really see the blue iridescence on his fins and scales. Gorgeous! I hope I can get a crystal clear image sometime soon but in the meantime this will have to suffice.

I also gave him a couple of banana lilies from downstairs and a piece of bogwood that is overgrown with christmas moss and a small clump of anubias - hopefully he'll enjoy them.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #10 
Fawnleaf

He is absolutely adorable! He has the cutest tail- he's a butterfly right? Did you get him from a professional breeder or aquabid? Surely not a petshop!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote