Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #11 
StarBetta

Same thing with Rainbow, my veiltail. The only time there's a nice picture miracle is when he's sleeping
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #12 
SpookyTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
He is absolutely adorable! He has the cutest tail- he's a butterfly right? Did you get him from a professional breeder or aquabid? Surely not a petshop!
Thank you so much! I think he's a butterfly - that's what I gathered from the colour pattern/tail type topic on these forums. The gentleman manning the tills at the store mentioned a name for Kaze's tail type but unfortunately I don't remember what it was - nothing I'd heard of before though... mind you, we call "double veil tails" lyretails in the UK (they did at the store at least) so I don't know if it would have been any good here anyway lol.

The store I bought him at specializes in aquatics. Fish, inverts - aquariums, medicines, ornaments, literature, filters, gravels, plants (live, plastic, silk), corals and ADFs - you name it, if it lives underwater these guys usually know about it. They also take in fry you can't rehome elsewhere and have a HUGE quarantine area. They asked me if I had a heater, offered me advice on food (showed us a range of frozen/gel foods alongside the freezedried and flakes - they also have BBS cultures and adult brine shrimp available for purchase) and even told us about various live plants that are easy to keep that the bettas can make use of (such as anubias).

They have banners all over their store explaining the need and usefulness of Stress Coat.

Their goldfish were in a MASSIVE display tank last time I went to the coldwater section. I didn't go there when I picked Kaze up though as I was so preoccupied with all the pretty purple, white, blue, black (there was a black and red betta that was gorgeous!) and other strange and unusual coloured bettas that it slipped my mind.

They had literally one hundred bettas - including two tanks with a few females in each. I've never seen fish so active in a store environment and they were all healthy. Most of the male bettas were kept in display cubes but the water was clean, the fishes fins looked wonderful and most of them were active; they could actually swim around... I think each cube must have been at least half a gallon - not ideal for long term homing but the fact the area was heated and these guys were bound to have been snapped up pretty quickly made me so happy. The display tank Kaze was in was slightly larger than the other ones and had a java moss covered stone in it for him to hide behind.

The store itself is a fair drive from our home but it's honestly worth it. I'd go back there and buy another betta in a heartbeat if I thought I could care for two tanks but that'll have to wait for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBetta View Post
Same thing with Rainbow, my veiltail. The only time there's a nice picture miracle is when he's sleeping
Awww! I haven't seen Kaze sleep properly yet (I think he does it when the lights are off) except for one instance where he was resting ontop of his thermometer and.. uhm... fell off.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #13 
bahamut285

I'm hoping you know how to pronounce his name, because if pronounced incorrectly it is meaningless, xD!
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #14 
SpookyTooth

Hahaha I agree with you... I'm hoping I do too. I think it's Kah-zay? D: If not then my anime lied!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #15 
bahamut285

LOL. Oh dear, yes that's sort of correct, the second syllable is shorter, Kah-Zeh
Old 01-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #16 
SpookyTooth

Heheh. Thank you for the correction, I honestly do appreciate it. I prefer it the proper way.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #17 
bahamut285

You're welcome~
Old 01-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #18 
SlinkyInk

Wow, he's beautiful! I love the blue coloring!
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote