Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #1 
Dmarie

Exclamation Need Help Please, trying to save my little guy

I had posted about 2-3 wks ago regarding "snappy" our betta. I've tried endlessly to help this little guy & would like to please ask the experts & other betta owners for their help. short version..- suddenly developed popeye treated with bettafix no improvement - popeye went down, became cloudy, ugly growth started on face between eye & mouth. I first thought his eye came out & was stuck to his face, not so. Went to city aquarium showed pics, said it looked like fungus. Started him on pimafix & epsom salts then switched to jungle clear, seemed to be somewhat better on pimafix but decided to switch to jungle clear since it was more reccommended. He is in a 1 gal hospital tank, conditioner, heated, water changed daily, indian almond leaf in tank. After 2 days on jungle clear seemed to be getting worse, stopped jungle clear started TCI tetracycline, after 3 days (now today) just not improveing. just changed water, & now trying pimafix again with epsom salts. I know this is alot of treatments but if I dont see any result I stop the meds for a full day & start with the other medication. I would have thought something should have worked or seen a little improvement. like i said I saw a little improvement on pimafix & should have stayed with it to begin with, but jungle clear seemed to be highly reccommended for fast results.
Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
Dmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #2 
Lissa52664

I'm sorry to hear your boy is sick and I know it can seem hopeless when there's no improvement, so I wanted to bump this up to the first page in hopes someone that knows more will give you a reply.

I can say that I have used Pimafix and I believe it is what saved my fish, but his issues seemed mostly internal besides some sort of weird fin eating fungus.. Also I was informed that Pimafix may not be too good for fish after all because it has an ingredient in it that is used as a sedative for them.

I truly hope you get some good advice and that he gets better soon!
Lissa52664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #3 
Pataflafla

So what does this growth look like?

Also, it's best not to switch medications so fast. Run the full course of medication since stopping early allows bacteria and such to build up a resistance to it. this makes it less effective in future uses.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote