Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #1 
lexylex0526

Smile What kind of betta food do you use?

Hey everyone! I hope you and all your fish are doing well this fine day:) I was wondering about how you feed your bettas. What brand of food do you use? How often do you them? How much do you feed them?

I feed mine everyother day, three little pellets and I attached a picture of the brand I use.
Attached Images

lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #2 
SpookyTooth

I've only had mine since Tuesday but I have four kinds of food: "Tetra Betta flakes" (48% protein), "King British Bloodworms" (freeze dried), "King British Tubifex cubes" (freeze dried) and "TetraFreshDelica Bloodworms" (which are in a gel type paste).

I give him three or four small flakes in the morning and evening, sometimes supplimenting out with a halved frozen bloodworm or tiny portion of a tubifex cube. Haven't tried the gel yet - looking "forward" to it... eh hem. Will be interesting!

I'd love to get betta pellets for him but the store had none and I can't seem to find any online in the UK! D'oh.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #3 
Myates

Mine varies- I tend to have a grab bag of different pellets- a mix of Aqueon, Hikari, TetraFin, Omega.. for pellets I feed 2, sometimes 3 per meal. I tend not to mix the pellets per meal, but will give a different brand on different days.
Freeze dried I stick with Tetra blood worms and baby shrimp, mainly because that is all they have out here, brand-wise. (Foods I have to order, but since freeze dried isn't fed often I just stick with what is available.) I feed a couple of those in place of a meal once a week or every two weeks as all but one, sometimes two of my fish don't like freeze dried anything.
Once spring hits I can start live foods again, since I don't have a place in my house I feel comfortable with having insects I just prefer to get them outside naturally with water. Again, not all of mine eat live foods so it's more of a treat for the ones who do.
Homemade food from a recipe given by Oldfishlady- I would rather feed that all of the time, but can't.. so a little bit a few times a week as well.
I have Bettamin flakes, but only one will touch them so she gets some once every couple of weeks.
Frozen foods finally has just become available at a small reptile store about 40 minutes away, so will be adding that in possibly.

I just wish Xander wasn't so picky, he will only eat pellets. Period. Even skipping meals he will go hungry rather then eat something else.

They get 2 meals a day, sometimes 3 and sometimes just 1. I don't like to not feed them for a whole day, so once or twice a week they may skip a meal. They don't like it when I do that though- as they will bite me, and one jumps out as soon as I open up the lid when I do go to feed them. Well.. she jumps each time I open the lid to feed as it is.. silly fish! I swear they are too spoiled lol
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I use a mixture similar to yours, Myates.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, food