Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #1 
LyzzaRyzz

Snail Questions...

So, I have an issue with my ramshorn snails..They mate, lay eggs, then they dont drop them, and they dont hatch! Most of them carry them on thier back, but some lay them on the plants, but they never seem to change..just goop, and no baby snails, and its been like this for about a month!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have no idea but I'm bumping this to get some answers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #3 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have no idea but I'm bumping this to get some answers.
Thank you! Lol
Ive been wondering why my snaily posts havent been getting posts.

I even read though every snail related post on here, and noone seems to have a problem with them having babies, and noone mentions them carrying them on thier back!

As added info, The snail egg sacks look different than what thier carrying on thier back. The ones on thier back are rounder, more defined that just jelly sacks like whats on the plants...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

I got no advice, my trumpets breed like crazy, my pond snails breed... but I have one ramshorn in my 2.65g tank and it never has any offspring lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I got no advice, my trumpets breed like crazy, my pond snails breed... but I have one ramshorn in my 2.65g tank and it never has any offspring lol
Well, one ramshorn alone wouldent make any offspring, cause its the trumpets that are asexual, and ramshorns are hermaphrodites, which is that they can change sexes to suite what gender the other snails are.

But, What are you feeding them? I have the darker lettuce in there from yesterday, and i havent seen one snail on it, ramshorn or trumpet! [Thier in seperate tanks..I heard trumpets will eat ramshorn eggs?]

And how do you do water changes with the baby snails in there? I had another plant, sitting in some water from thier tank before, and i noticed what could be tiny specks of baby snails! But the water was horribly gross, snail poo and all, with gravel, and i didnt want to loose any of the babies, so i drained the water, with a peice of toilet paper, to let the dirty water drain, but not the actual snail poo, and possible baby snails.

Now, i have a condensed fishbowl full of snail poopy water. How do i seperate them?! Gah!