Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #1 
erinandares

Sigh... Therapy Betta, to the (Maybe) Rescue.

So I went to Feeder's Supply a little while ago intending on just getting a few snails for the big tanks. But my dad went over and started looking at the bettas, and then I wanted to look at them, and we all know where the story goes from here...

I bought myself a little therapy betta. He's a double-tail, mottled blue with clear tips on his fins. He has a little piebald face for now, but it kinda looks like the blue is trying to encroach on that. He's so cute. I also bought him a Kritter Keeper, heater, plants, and little skull decoration/cave. I have these clear pebbles I got from my grandpa, and those are the substrate. It looks like a little treasure trove in there. I'll try and post pictures, but it would have to wait until tomorrow, unfortunately.

But anyway, I needed the little guy. I can't join the air force thanks to a degenerative brain condition I have. Maybe the holes up in there were the reason I thought I could in the first place... >.> But anyway, I'm now one of those losers I hate sitting around in my dad's apartment. I needed the therapy betta. Someone tell me I'm not bad for just impulse buying him because I was sad. D: I already love the little guy... He's exploring his new house and everything. IDK, I'm in a slight quandary over this. My therapy guy is causing me even more stress. >.>
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #2 
LittleBettas

He sounds gorgeous and like he is in good hands

Don't fret, we all do impulse buys/rescues
but you have him in a good place now
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #3 
NoahG

So long as you can care and provide for him properly, and he's happy, and all of that, I don't see any reason to second guess or feel that there is anything wrong with this impulse buy.

Besides, therapy pets can do a lot of good and it sounds like you really needed him. It's a win-win: don't stress.

Also, sorry to hear you weren't able to do what you wanted. I actually might be in the military myself (much to my mother's dismay) if not for health issues of my own, so I can sort of relate.

Just enjoy your new guy and don't feel guilty about the purchase. I'm sure you'll figure out where to go from here soon enough.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #4 
Badjer

...can I hug you? Hope you start feeling better soon! Impulse buy bettas are just fine, especially when you already know how to care for them properly. Hope you two are very happy together. (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #5 
erinandares

Thanks for all the love, guys. No worries about the love and TLC, he'll be getting plenty of that. <3 I'm even moving my desk to a more advantageous spot for him to live in. Lol, the things we do for our fishies. You guys made me feel like less of a reject, haha. :3 I'm infinitely glad there's a place like this where people understand the need for therapy bettas. :o

EDIT Badjer, I might steal that quote in your siggy. I really like it... >.>
Old 12-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #6 
BettaGirl290

lol i love it too, i hope you feel better, i hope you will have more bettas soon!! we all get sucked down THAT hole eventually, i once had 7, now i have 4 bettas, but none of them are from that 7.
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #7 
Badjer

Haha go ahead Erin...it was on my biology teacher's desk and one day in the middle of class I went "OH! Finally I like something in this class!". For one who loves biology and wants to go into a bio-based career, I sure do hate that class.

Haha my 20 gal takes up most of my desk...fish can change your whole world!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #8 
erinandares

Biology is what I was actually good at. Chemistry always killed me. It makes no sense, give me real words and real properties that don't change with every element/every row of the periodic table/every group. >.> Heathens.

I have two fish in a ten gallon on my nightstand, three in a twenty gallon on my dresser, and two in individual tanks on my desk. The 2.5 and the KK. Lol, my room is so full of fish.

The new guy has a name. It's Atreus, meaning fearless, because he has a curious, fearless attitude and I can tell he's gonna be a unique one already. c:
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #9 
Badjer

I only hate bio due to the teacher...I change next semester, but I hear the other teacher is just as bad. Hopefully my peers are wrong, I try not to judge teachers off their reputations. Chem I take next year, and I'm scared already!

I just have my 20 and my 2.5 right now, but I also have an empty KK and would like to perhaps have a sorority eventually. I have the perfect spot... XD

Love the name...actually, I love all your bettas names!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #10 
erinandares

Thanks! I'm an etymology freak, which led to my love of Greek names and the Greek language, which led to my love of Greece period. Lol. All my fish have Greek names (Banana Fish's real name is Eosphoros). I think they're beautiful names. :3

A sorority sounds like a great plan! I tried one and my girls all tried to kill each other. >.> One of them ended up dying from the injuries later. Two were rehomed and are living happily with a friend of mine. And one is living on my nightstand. :o I think I just had too many incompatible personalities. I chose attentive, intelligent looking girls, and I think I also inadvertently chose four alphas. *facepalm*