Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #11 
pbloskas

How is the Aqueon mini heater? I need a heater for my 2.5 gal mini bow.
pbloskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #12 
dew

If you want something pre set, theres a pretty good heater they sell at wal-mart. If you want something you can ajust(which I suggest you do) then I use a top fin 25 watt heater. Is this a new fish? If so, congrats!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #13 
dew

Oh! Sorry! I did not read the whole post! I've never used that heater before. (hits forehead) once again sorry! I should pay more attention...........
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #14 
Tisia

I bought that aqueon one and it did horribly. fluctuated a lot, it went anywhere from about 72-83 degrees. returned it. the elites work great
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #15 
dormfish

Just the thread I was looking for. I recently upgraded my CrownTail, Odysseus, to a 3 gallon acrylic from his old 1 gallon. But now the question stands - which heater to use. I'm not sure what to get. Any suggestions on a 3 gallon heater?
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #16 
BasilBetta87

Personally I've used Marina C10 preset heater. Alot of other users use the Hagen Mini heater. The Hagen is adjustable which is pretty good for a heater that's so small.
BasilBetta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #17 
pbloskas

It is a new crowntail betta. I'm so happy, I named him Balthazar! It fits him. :) But I just got a thermometer at Walmart, and the tank read 64 degrees! I freaked out, and ran to petsmart. The sails person said that the Aqueon 10 watt was the best option, because I have a 2.5 mini bow. I bought it, and am currently using it, at least until I can buy an adjustable one. (The petsmart here has a bad selection). I hope it's not as bad as people are saying ...
pbloskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #18 
AudBetta

I've been pretty happy with the aqueon. It isn't adjustable but it's small and shatter proof. I've found that if your room temp that the tank is in stays a steady temp then the heater will also be a consistant 5 degrees warmer than the room.
The temp drops a bit at night but I have a feeling that happens in the wild too at times?
AudBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #19 
Jodah

After dealing with preset heaters for a while, I'm sick of them. I'm also OCD about my fish. Lolz. So I've been using adjustable heaters for a while now. The Hagen mini is a good choice. petsuppliesplus is having a sale on Fluval heaters. I actually just picked up an M50 for $24 which is not so bad considering they normally go for around 40.

Ankou currently has an Aqueon Pro 50w, which is short enough to stand up in a corner of his 2.5g tank. Freyja got the Fluval M50, which is a bit longer, so I laid it in her 2.5g tank diagonally.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #20 
dormfish

Just went out and bought a 50 watt Tetra Submersible Heater from Walmart. I use the same one in my 10-gallon community, and I've never had any issues with
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote