Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #11 
chevysoldier

If you go with tropical community, which is what both mine are, Cory cats are really cool bottom dwellers, neat personalities. Platies are a good hardy fish and will be all over the tank. I also like Plecos since they are decent cleaners and they are a neat fish. If you get a Pleco, get a Bristlenose and not a Common Pleco since they will get up to 18" or more.
chevysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #12 
4mb3rNich0l3

Ok it's for sure a 29 gallon. Im horrible at eyeballing gallon sizes haha. I have a common pleco already in a 5 gallon with poseidon. he is way outgrowing that tank though. My uncle game it to me lol. I may rehome it to someone who has a bigger tank for him though

It has a filter and a heater. Everything was in the rain so lets hope everything still works haha. Im glad I got it inside when I did, it had water in it and its snowing now and has gotten VERY cold outside :p.
4mb3rNich0l3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #13 
GamerGuy

Considering the heater and filter are both (usually) intended to be mostly submerged, and probably not short in an overflow situation, they should be fine. I'd be more concerned about the extreme cold having damaged them, especially if it was a glass element heater.
GamerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #14 
AquaKai

If you like cichlids I would suggest rams or apistos for a tank of that size. Angels would be good too! I am also a big fan of tetras, rasboras, danios, and rainbows. Those are some of my favorites.
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #15 
ManInBlack2010

i've recently aquired a 30g also, i'm planning 2-4 honey gourami, 6+ peppermint tetra, 6+ peppered corry cats and possibly some more but that's as far ahead as i planned. i've already got half the tetras (long story) and half the corries (in my 10g with my female betta)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #16 
Jayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai View Post
If you like cichlids I would suggest rams or apistos for a tank of that size. Angels would be good too! I am also a big fan of tetras, rasboras, danios, and rainbows. Those are some of my favorites.
I wouldn't keep Angel fish in that size of a tank, they do best in 55gal+ and should be kept in groups of atleast six. Small tetras, danios, and barbs can work. Livebears like Platy, Swordtail, and Common Molly are very nice. I also wouldn't keep Dwarf Gourami, because they can cause problems, even BRYON talked me out of getting them. Honey Gourami would be much better, but like to be kept in groups because of their size( 2in max) A group of six or eight would be nice.

Last edited by Jayy; 01-04-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Angels ARE pretty, but they need 50+ gallons :) otherwise I'd so totally have one or two. or five.

Danios are fast interesting little fellas. They do good with most other fish. Cories, are a good bottom feeder with a group of 4 or more :) Guppies I will admit are so colorful, and lucky me they never bred x) other wise I'd offer you the millionfish
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #18 
4mb3rNich0l3

Ive thought about angel fish until I read online somewhere how big they get and how big of a tank they need :(. Always wanted them lol. Sadly I dont have the room nor have the money for a 55+ tank haha

Someone on craigslist contacted me. she has a cory cat and 4 striped dianos I am considering getting :p I have no idea what I want yet lol. If it werent so tall id section it out for more bettas (I told my mom that and I dont think she liked the idea lol!) Maybe ill go take a look at the pet store or something and see if I find any fish I like there..
4mb3rNich0l3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Well, if you took the woman's offer, you could get more danios and preferably more cories :p that'd be a start lol!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #20 
AquaKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
I wouldn't keep Angel fish in that size of a tank, they do best in 55gal+ and should be kept in groups of atleast six. Small tetras, danios, and barbs can work. Livebears like Platy, Swordtail, and Common Molly are very nice. I also wouldn't keep Dwarf Gourami, because they can cause problems, even BRYON talked me out of getting them. Honey Gourami would be much better, but like to be kept in groups because of their size( 2in max) A group of six or eight would be nice.
Angels can be in 29g tanks. They need a minimum of an 18" height tank. They DO NOT need to be in schools. They may school in the wild, but they are territorial fish. The only way that I would ever have 6 angelfish in a tank is if 1. I knew what sex they were and only got females and 2. I had a 150g+ tank. If they pair off then they will get EXTREMELY aggresive and might kill every fish in their sight. One would be good for a 30g tank. They won't be as aggressive with just one of them, and it is plenty big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Angels ARE pretty, but they need 50+ gallons :) otherwise I'd so totally have one or two. or five.

Danios are fast interesting little fellas. They do good with most other fish. Cories, are a good bottom feeder with a group of 4 or more :) Guppies I will admit are so colorful, and lucky me they never bred x) other wise I'd offer you the millionfish
Like I said before, they need 29g tanks at the minimum. One or even two, if cories were the only other thing in there, would be a nice fit and well stocked.

I would still suggest cichlids, they are very intelligent and very fun to have. I love them, and would be great with schoolers like rasboras and danios that everyone are talking about. Even some of the dwarf rainbows would be a great addition as well.

Another note: Cories do much better in groups of 6. I had my peppered cories in a group of 4 to begin with and they were semi-interesting, but as soon as I added more they got more playful and happy. I would suggest a 6 min on them. And in that tank size I would suggest 8 or so of the pandas or juliis/false juliis. For the larger kind such as the emerald, peppered, and albino I would do 6 and call the bottom good, especially if you get a ram or apisto.
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote