Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #1 
turtlephobic

Got a new Betta Fish...

While I was out and about, I went to Petsmart to buy some new pellets for Eridan and Royal Blue. I couldn't help but take a peek at the Bettas. They looked awful. Half of them weren't moving, the other half had their fins gone, and one of them were even dead. I guess they were expecting a new shipment, because there weren't a lot of Bettas out tonight.

Welp, I found one little guy that was sitting all alone. First glance he looked okay, but now that he's in a tank, he's as bad as the rest. :/ He has trouble swimming; He just comes up for air then just floats right down to the bottom. (I took out quite a bit of water for him (Left in about three inches) so he wouldn't have to swim up so far for air. He isn't breathing deeply, but his left side looks wrong. Other than that, he looks just fine.

He is currently in a 2.5 gallon tank (Only three inches of water in). Its not filtered, but its heated. I haven't feed him yet because I figured he wouldn't eat anyway since I just got him.

Is there anything I can do for him?

Pictures: http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/...230_190917.jpg
And yes, the water he was in was filthy. :(
turtlephobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #2 
turtlephobic

Just found him dead. Sorry for the spam.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 AM   #3 
Pitluvs

Not spam at all, you had a sick fish and needed help. Thank you for taking him in though, at least he passed in a clean tank and knew what a caring person was. I'm sorry no one got to you in time :( He certainly was beautiful. Will you get a replacement??
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlephobic View Post
Just found him dead. Sorry for the spam.
I'm sorry you weren't able to save him. You did everything you could and he had a nice place and someone who cared for him at the end.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #5 
turtlephobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Not spam at all, you had a sick fish and needed help. Thank you for taking him in though, at least he passed in a clean tank and knew what a caring person was. I'm sorry no one got to you in time :( He certainly was beautiful. Will you get a replacement??
No, its okay. c: I think he was far too sick to be saved anyway, but like you said he at least died happy. Yes, I'm going to take him back to Petsmart and get a new one if they have any new Bettas out. Like I said, the ones they had out looked awful. If they don't, I'll try and get my money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I'm sorry you weren't able to save him. You did everything you could and he had a nice place and someone who cared for him at the end.
Thank you. C: