Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #1 
rawscientist

Question How to move the fish when changing water

Hey! I am new user here and first time owning a Betta fish. I have changed his water today using aged water(I had it in bottles for 2 days) and changed like 75% of it and kept the rest. (Mum helped me since she had some past experience with fish)

The thing is I used a fish net to move the fishy in a bowl till I changed the water. I find it a bit too stressful for the fish. Is there any other solution to move the fishy without stressing it instead of using a fish net? (he didn't seem really bothered he was just a bit aggitated at the beginning) I don't wanna shorten his life by depriving the fish even a few seconds from staying in the water

Thanks.
rawscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Hi there! What I suggest is what I use: 1. a cup. I've got my girls used to me using it - no need for a net. 2. small bowl - works the same, but more space than a small cup. 3. a small container - same as the bowl - just whatever you have on hand when you use these, cover them - bettas can jump!

I've got my females trained on it, had Spartan trained to swim into it.... At first they never like it because you can put the cup in fast and it "sucks" them in, but with patience they'll get used to it.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #3 
rawscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Hi there! What I suggest is what I use: 1. a cup. I've got my girls used to me using it - no need for a net. 2. small bowl - works the same, but more space than a small cup. 3. a small container - same as the bowl - just whatever you have on hand when you use these, cover them - bettas can jump!

I've got my females trained on it, had Spartan trained to swim into it.... At first they never like it because you can put the cup in fast and it "sucks" them in, but with patience they'll get used to it.

Thank you I think the hardest part it will be to convince the little fellow to get into the cup.
rawscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

well if anything, try using... food, fingers...anything to coax him I had to coax my yellow guy with food :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote