Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #11 
purplemuffin

They are talking about a fusion of burmese and rock pythons. In captivity this hybrid has proven difficult to create under perfect conditions, taking months for a pair to even be interested, and even then the clutch has a 99% fail rate. It's not going to happen in the wild where they are already dying off from cold that is too much for them. Trust me, there's a lot of lies on that network--they like to air shows that are all based on fearing nature! >_<

As far as being super big/strong, they are the same size as the parents. There is no difference honestly.

Everything AP says about snakes makes me face palm. It's like going to the petstore and hearing bettas are schooling cold water fish. Except they are telling everyone the bettas will all eat you.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #12 
alysalouise

If I was home and on my computer I'd be posting some pictures of my ball, I love her lol
She has 2 hearts in her pattern right next to each other one being upside down lol I didn't even notice until my friend pointed it out

She is a bigger though and never goes into her water, I have to put her in there a couple of times a day, she's in a nice big 55 gallon, but only ever comes out of her hut if I wake her up and take her hiding spots away. Then she likes to investagate lol
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #13 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Trust me, there's a lot of lies on that network--they like to air shows that are all based on fearing nature! >_<
I have noticed that. I never really watch AP these days - except for that show about dog breeds. And sometimes River Monsters.

I did watch two shows on snakes. One was the one I was talking about and another was about some killer snake In Africa. It ate a kid or something and I noticed that on BOTH shows it has the same "snake experts", even though one was in Florida and the other was in Africa. It reminded me of a geology professor I had a while back who would get so mad at the Discovery channel because his "rival" was always on their shows about geology stuff, he would always complain that the scientific info he was providing was only his opinion. The shows always ommited the oposing opinion.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 01-07-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #14 
betta lover1507

animal planet dosen't know about snakes, my brother (the one with great melissa {we treat her as royalty XD}) had melissa with a smaller ball named "Teo"(not a big notice but he was pretty small) and she will sit in the water bowl, to soak up and get cold (i really don't know weird snake), and couple minutes later she will will curl up around teo to keep him cold, and she has a habit on sleeping on other snakes XD. she ALWAYS wants another snake with her or she becomes depressed, after teo died (inner deformity or something) she is still sad about it. we can't put my other brother's snake with her named "entity" (it's a girl corn snake) because she has some diesease, am no pro only my brother knows :P
melissa has a great personality, everyone in my family loves melissa (besides the ones that are scared of snakes >.>) we treat a lot like royalty, bring her out for fresh air and to be outside, she's like a dog but a saver on food XD. melissa loves almost any snake, we put her next to a baby corn snake she didn't mind, other ball pythons, corn snakes, not sure what else because she never been around anything else
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #15 
alysalouise

This is my baby girl Penelope :)
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #16 
betta lover1507

alysa you know am jealous of your snakes already XD i love the first one, it's a good avi or pro pic to me :P
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #17 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
alysa you know am jealous of your snakes already XD i love the first one, it's a good avi or pro pic to me :P

Lol i have so many pictures of her XD
Lol that 1st picture was taken with my old phone, not the best phone in the whole world, but i had gotten some amazing shots of her with that phone lol

Edit
And to me she always looks like she is smiling :) lol

Last edited by alysalouise; 01-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #18 
betta lover1507

lot's of pics of hunter i found laying in my laptop:

i like the first one :P
Old 01-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #19 
alysalouise

Aww he looks so small :)
I love his pattern its so pretty
Old 01-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #20 
alysalouise

Thought i'd share a few more...

The first one shows her 2 hearts, right next to each other, one is a little messy but the other one looks really good
Attached Images