Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Question shoulder hurts and there's a problem...

Seriously. It hurts D:
I have done no damage to my shoulder, no heavy lifting, nothing. It does not hurt like a pinched nerve, or a pulled muscle. it has a seering burning feeling, and a dull ache now and then, for the last 4 days.
I'd go to a doctor, but the last one said I had a cyst on my wrist (it's a bone, bonehead ) and another claimed carpel tunnel in my right wrist which really it was damaged nerves from an injury in 2010. our doctors suck ;( doesnt hurt with movement.

I tried yahoo answers, because of quick replies and usualy good advice for the injury part.... I remembered why I left yahoo answers >:(

Anyone know what I could do to ease the pain?? other than drugs -.-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #2 
hotrod57ts

Sounds Like a Bone sper
hotrod57ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

What's that? o.o;;
Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #4 
erinandares

A bone spur? I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it's where there's this odd litle piece of bone chilling there where it isn't supposed to be. Yeah, this is the webmd link:

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/b...topic-overview
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #5 
Myrtaceae

If it's a persistent thing, ask your doctor for a referral to a physical therapy place. Most insurances cover it and they can usually identify the problem better than a general practitioner can. He'd probably be happy to give you the referral-- most GP guys hate joint issues because they are so finicky.

Otherwise, look for repetitive activity. Knitting always makes my neck/shoulder act up, unless I specifically schedule stretch breaks. It's not always a big lift type thing-- lots of little movements can do just as much damage.

Now for the controversial section:

Have you tried a chiropractor? It's one of those fields where some are totally bonkers and some are actually quite good, so it can take a few tries to find a good one, but I adore mine. The women in my family have always had back problems, but my chiropractor taught me a few stretches to do and my back is 10x better.

Long optional story: I was in an art class that involved me chiseling away at a rock. My back started to hurt, but I didn't put 1+1 together, and I went to my chiropractor and didn't think to mention it. She felt around my back and asked me "um, have you been stabbing something a lot?" I was all and couldn't believe she could tell that from touching my back. But the field really isn't regulated well enough, so they tend to be either amazing or total hacks.
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #6 
Sakura8

Sena, you can try an ice pack or you can try a heating pad. Those might help ease the pain a bit. Gosh, I hope you feel better soon.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #7 
Sena Hansler

lol I do not have a doctor. all the real ones are taken I went to two before, about a VERY serious SURGERY WILL BE NEEDED problem, and both were just.... gaaaahhh!!! >:( lol.
and thanks for the xplanation on bone spur o.o;;

I might try a chiropractor (not free, unlike doctors within AB), though most of them use the clicky tool which never agreed with me Just when? I dunno.

And thanks Sakura :) I'll see what I can find. There isn't anythin repetitive that could have caused it. I have however noticed my shoulder has to either be all the way back or all the way forward, because inbetween hurts..
Old 01-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #8 
Myrtaceae

Lol, I'm not a big fan of the clicky tool either.

Any way you can rest it for a few days? I know that's probably a fantasy...

I hope you feel better soon. :)
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Well I work at walmart -.- aka I work only friday. I may have to just do nothing (though silly me, got two rescues) >.>
Old 01-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a chiropractor tell me a bone was out of place in my knee and he said he put it back into place. It still felt the same so I went to an orthopesic doctor and ended up having arthoscopic surgery to remove torn cartilage.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote