Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #1 
DeNovo

10g, betta, ADF, and cories?

Right now I have my male beta, DeNovo, in a 3 gallon tank, but I want to upgrade to a ten gallon. I have done research into what fish and species could go with DeNovo, if he cooperates, but I don't know if all of them can go together without it being overstocked.

I like the look of the cories, so I am thinking a few of those. They should be the pygmy's, correct? Should they all be the same color for schooling purposes? How many cories could go into a ten gallon, with out it being over stocked? I would prefer understocked. Lots of questions, but I would appreciate any advice.

I would also like to have an ADF. I have read about the extra care they need, and I still think they would be worth the effort. In a ten gallon with some cories, can I have 2, or is that overstocking? What would be the limit if more then two is possible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
DeNovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

well, ADF need two, to feel safe since they are social little froggies!!
Cories, should be in a school of at least 3. I am unsure of adding ADF with cories, as they both share the same level (bottom) unlike the betta who is top level. For either choice, add lots of plants and hidey holes, so they feel safe and even the betta feels safe. Remember cories are a lot more active than ADF, and very skittish.

You COULD do 1 betta 3-4 cories and 2 ADF. cories poop a lot, ADF are generally clean, and bettas are generally clean. No more than 3-4 cories I'd say... safely. Again, not sure if ADF and cories get along.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 
DeNovo

Both the ADF's and cories are pretty placid though right? So It would prob be a matter of adequate space on the bottom.

Would it be the same situation with shrimps and cories?
DeNovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

I dont think Shrimp and cories would be too bad. Again, add plants and hiding spots and they should get along. Remember that some shrimp may go missing and you'll see your betta may or may not be snacking on them... which is why hidey holes are needed :3
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote