Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #1 
barryandgill

Smile Starting a 10 g divided tank- few questions

Hi I am new to this forum but I've had bettas for years. Right now I have two males who were previously living in filtered 2.5 and 1 gallon tanks in my dorm at school. Me and the fish are home right now and I decided to set up a divided 10 gal tank for them when I get back to school (we are only allowed up to 10 gal in our rooms.) I found a really great tank set up on craigslist which I will be picking up tomorrow. I have a few questions: 1. I still have a few weeks left before school starts and I was thinking about starting to cycle the tank in this time (no fish), and then hopefully there will be beneficial bacteria on the filter sponge for when I set it up again at school. Does this make sense at all? 2. I was wondering if I could put either 2 cories or an african dwarf from on the side with my very docile fish Barry, is there space for this? 3. (and final for now I think ) Does anyone have suggestions for easy live plants I could keep? I was thinking of some anubias and java ferns, but I don't know a lot about plants. Thank you so so much for any help. Any and all advice is appreciated
barryandgill is offline   Reply With Quote