Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #21 
BettaMommy531rip

Wow that proves that she at least knows something and that she's really just being malicious, because she's jealous that her manager likes you better.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #22 
SpookyTooth

I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing and am glad you have conections with a local pet store and the manager! It seems as though although the store has a business to run, they also are trying to support you while they make ends meet.

I hope both fish recover well and are able to find forever homes in the future!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #23 
1fish2fish

So you paid for the sick fish? What about the fish that will now replace them?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #24 
Pitluvs

90% of my boys were worst cases at the local pet store and 5 of my females were, I usually never take a healthy Betta home lol Thankfully, lots of ours are SBD issues. Not many with finrot and very few with infections. Thank you for going out and saving two fish :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

If it weren't for the fact the manager and his wife were busy, I can guarantee those fish would be healthy. That employee, works most of the week... she is the ONLY employee. I have no guilt in supporting the store. I just hate seeing people get sick fish.
Did you know, the employee worked the two days before I came in. And what did I come in to? Two adorable guinea pigs, that had wettail. She never "noticed"? I noticed because they did not scurry, they were still, they were quiet. I wrapped one up in a small towel I had on hand and showed the manager. He took immediate action for those little fellas and got them better.

Infact, wonder what would happen if he'd let me do part time. I'm getting cut hours anyways. Plus, I was a darn hard worker for him anyways. And, I care for ALL the critters (snakes, spider, fuzzies and water pets)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #26 
NoahG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Infact, wonder what would happen if he'd let me do part time. I'm getting cut hours anyways. Plus, I was a darn hard worker for him anyways. And, I care for ALL the critters (snakes, spider, fuzzies and water pets)
Haha, I was actually reading this entire thing and thinking that they should get rid of the employee who is probably dragging their store down and hire you instead. Personally, if I were in their shoes, that's just what I'd try and do since you have an established relationship with them.

On a different note: hope your new rescues are doing well!
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

Well, thanks to my rescues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEfUybr9SQg I put a video up. Guess people hate it maybe because it exposes the things THEY do? has not been up long... and already 2 dislikes I don't care. it'll get the word out.

Also if he is there tomorrow, while I am getting the other sad looking smaller female... I'll ask him if I could work part time there. at least then, things will be done, and information can be correct.
for instance she says bettas live happy in 0.05 gallons of water.

I say a gallon at least, as long as people put it away from drafts, and clean it twice a week. work with what they have, rather than make them buy a 10 gallon

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-03-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Well, Part 2: -crosses my arms- today I am retreiving the other female, maybe the SBD male, and frozen bloodworms or blackworms
Old 01-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #29 
NoahG

Nice video, and it's good to hear how quickly the little girl is healing up!

Let us know how he responds to the part-time idea, too.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #30 
Sena Hansler

Well he was not there today but she was (gah! >:( ) but... the SBD male is recovered, so I left him. Instead, I got the female... and I found another male in a bowl... who used to be in a tank.... There is a bump near the base of his tail, that shifted when I startled him. It's still there and I'm assuming it could be a tumor as none of my other fish have that. I also, got another male - a pale orange dalmation