Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 
morkendi

hi all, new to the forums.

We got a betta about a year ago, my wife bought it for my daughter. We kept it in a 1 gallon tank I never really liked. A few months ago, some family bought 2 african dwarf frogs in the little box things to. Well kids stopped taking care of them, so daddy took over.

I had tanks years ago, so I bought a used 30 gallon setup with every thing. I set it up a few weeks ago. It was established before I bought it, but he go a bigger tank. I got it going, letting it run a bit. We transfered the 2 frogs and the betta. They all seem happy and way more active. He likes the blood worms I feed the frogs

Today, I went and got 8 zebra danio and 2 panda corys. The betta seems to want to chase the one danio that will not swim with the other 7. He leaves everything else alone unless they go in the cave he laid claim to. Funny thing is he lets the frogs in with him, but nothing else.

should I change anything? Watch for anything? I wonder why he only pics on the one fish?
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #2 
tpocicat

Welcome to the forum. Why do bettas do anything? Can't tell why he picks on only one danio, unless he thinks it's a betta LOL. Sounds like you're doing great. What a wonderful setup. Could you post any pics for us to see?
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #3 
morkendi

i got the tank when I realized how long it had been since they changed the water in that little thing he was swimming in. Anyway, he has a heated and lit tank now. Thinking about female bettas instead of any more species to go in with him 5 females should be ok if I add nothing else. Maybe an alge eater and live plants.
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Welcome to the forum!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....so glad you found us and joined our neat little community....

This is a great hobby to be apart of......

Look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about your fish keeping adventures......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Your set up sounds pretty good! And it's good to have plants and hidey holes, so the frogs and betta can escape the hectic fish welcome to the forums
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote