Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #1 
Zooxe

Unhappy Help Brand new betta fish

I just got a brand new betta fish on the 31st of december :D ( my old one died i-i ) And this one seems really shy, everytime i walk into m room he darts into his little cave that i got him. When i go to try and feed him he doesnt notice his food at all. I dont want him to starve because he doesnt know where the food is and i cant get near him because he is so shy D: today though i was able to sneak into my room and stand about 3 feet from the glass and watch him swim around but if i got near him he would dart towards his cave :\. Please tell me if something is wrong with him or if he is still getting used to his tank and that he wont starve D: ( i named him Year because he is a near year fish :D)
Zooxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum......

It sounds like he just needs more time to adjust to the new space and to you....he won't starve-while its not recommended...Bettas can go a fairly long time without food-so no worries.....

Need some more information to make sure all is okay....

What size tank, water temp, filter, live plants, additives used, type of food, any tank mates, what are the water change plans-how much and how often...

Love to see some pics....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote